WHERE TO BUY SUPERPAD 2 : User experiences and feedback

TableTX

Aug 11, 2011
All SuperPADs are all being manufactured as generic products. There have been b-grade SuperPAD products in the past, but there are no fake products to speak of since all products are generic whitebox devices. The quality may vary depending on your vendor, because different vendors source their products differently.

As far as I know, the initial batches of SuperPAD II are mostly identical. As such, there are little to no differences in quality between them.
EXACTLY! STOP the fake Flytouch/SuperPAD story, there's nothing like fake or clone! This is not the Apple iPAD or Samsung Galaxy tab, it's a GENERIC product that comes with several "brands", therefore with different boxes, packages and MAYBE with some different feature.

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
EXACTLY! STOP the fake Flytouch/SuperPAD story, there's nothing like fake or clone! This is not the Apple iPAD or Samsung Galaxy tab, it's a GENERIC product that comes with several "brands", therefore with different boxes, packages and MAYBE with some different feature.
Well, it really does depend on who owns the superpad name. The original manufacturer GOME released the first Flytouch Superpads. Now iBex and other manufacturers have waded in with their own variants and still calling it Superpad/Flytouch.
If GOME own the name, then these are indeed fake clone variants as they are not produced by the original manufacturer who theroetically owns the name. However as we know, things in China fly differently than around the world. Seems like no-one cares that all these companies using the same name for their pads. The main concern for us users of course is that because the hardware is different between manufacturers, then the firmware also behaves differently on each device depending on hardware drivers etc required, as well as of course substandard components etc being used by some manufacturers.

Last edited:

Neries

Sep 5, 2011
My husband bought two from this Ebay seller in London three weeks ago. When they arrived one worked the other did not. Mine just had a white backlite screen. :(

It has taken until this Monday to get him agree a replacement. We had to threaten leaving negative feedback, but we still have not received it. He promised to send it out Wednesday, now it is today. I sent the faulty one back Monday and he received and signed for it Tuesday morning 8.am. He is not living up to his claims of
Has earned a track record of excellent service

We certainly would not buy from him again. :mad:

Neries

Sep 5, 2011
I received the replacement pad on the Friday and the seller reimbursed my husband the return postage.

Just getting to know how to use it now.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
I recently bought bare FT3/SP2 'guts' from ebay, thinking that I would be able to use the spare FT2/SP screen, etc on it...
Now know I was wrong... And am concerned about its charging ability as there is no light glowing...

Subbed this thread. Will be watching it as I will likely 'go new' sometime soon!
Thanks to all who have provided sellers so far, and to those who do so in the future (as I will)!!!
:D

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
I recently bought bare FT3/SP2 'guts' from ebay, thinking that I would be able to use the spare FT2/SP screen, etc on it...
Now know I was wrong... And am concerned about its charging ability as there is no light glowing...

Subbed this thread. Will be watching it as I will likely 'go new' sometime soon!
Thanks to all who have provided sellers so far, and to those who do so in the future (as I will)!!!

Welcome to the zombie thread!! :p
Today I ebayed a 'new' Superpad (II, 3, wtfk) that supposedly has 8gb storage...
I know that these are already 'old tech' but cost was the deciding factor. Will be back!

BTW... STILL dont have a display/cable for the one I mentioned before. Have NO IDEE if it actually works, but it 'buzzes' on startup like it should, and calms down after that. Dunno.
Still hoping for one to 'appear'!

Update: The display I need is apparently connected to the system by a RIBBON cable... that may make finding one easier. (?) :eek:

Last edited:

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Finally got a NEW Sp2/3/x 4gb last Monday...
By Tuesday I realized that the TF slot was 'flaky' and the lower USB would not talk to a card reader OR keyboard.
Tried to do a 'factory reset' which claimed there was nothing there (use SD card)...

Started sending mesages about the issues since they claimed it was 'fully tested'.
Ended up hosing the software (of course! :rolleyes: ) and decided to open it up.

Found out that it had been opened before... the warranty sticker had been COVERED with a new one. Yes, there was an OLD ONE under the NEW ONE covering the plug on the right lower screw.
The lower left screw was covered with another metallic-type sticker... and NO PLUG in the hole. :eek:

Once I opened it up I realized that the board was MISSING MANY screws... it had only 3 holding the board down!

I found a P041 version that 'runs with defects' and realized that the TF slot is 'getting better'... more intermittent now than outright failed... which is good! :D

I havent told them any of this yet... I finally got a message back from them yesterday, apologizing for the delay.
Couldnt believe they suggested I spend the $$ for a KINGSTON TF card, which they claim they test with...
GEEZ!!!
Why should I spend any more than necessary on a memory card when I spent marginally more than that for the tablet? IMO they should be testing with the cheapest brand card they can find...
Anyway, at least they contacted me back... and promised to contact the manu for a copy of the firmware.

IF I GET IT and can return it to 'arrival state' I will be satisfied, and not bother to take them to task about the apparently REFURB-NOT-NEW tablet they sent me.

Otherwise, stand by for Hurricane LEEB!!! :p