Which is the best hammer to use to repair my ebay tablet??

philbaz

Jun 14, 2011
So I bought this android 2.2 tablet (7" UMPC GOOGLE Android 2.2 WiFi Camera MID Tablet PC 3G ) on ebay for $74 (against my sons advice), and now I need to repair it. It was frustrating enough when it did work, but with no GPS or 3G capability, most apps I tried did not work. The wifi connecting was pretty good though. The speakers were so quiet I had to hold it to my ear, the camera faced the screen, which was fine for taking picture of myself. Video played back quite well, but it was not compatable with my Kodak Zi6.
After a couple of months, it decided to stop booting, and would just show that stupid little green guy and say "Android OS 2.2, Kernal 2.6.32, Build Number V1.2.3 "
I tried the reset button, and every combination of buttons people refered to. I searched this site for magic repairs that a novice (obviously) could perform and even loaded fixit software (MOO9S-03.28.rar) on my micro-sd card....no change.
Finally admitting my son was right in the first place, I decided to open-r-up and fix it like a '65 mustang. Well, a cracked screen and broken plastic later, I'm now inside. I can't find any oil leaks or mouse chewed wires, so my only option is a bigger hammer, which brings me to my original question: do I need to use a rubber mallet so I don't risk shorting out any circuits, or will a 16oz framing hammer work better?

Thanks for any advice,
Phil

Last edited:

UGator

May 20, 2011
Which ever hammer you choose, please make use of your Zi6 and post the "operation" here!:cool:

DarrylB

Aug 31, 2011
forget the hammer, wouldn't it be cheaper just to run over it with your car or maybe you could make the next "will it blend?" video lol

mukguk

Sep 28, 2011
I would wait for the next release of Hammer II, it comes with the latest rubberized handle for easy swinging