What Apps do you use (in general) on your WM8650 Tablet?

jessonei

Jul 14, 2011
I have read much on the internet but it is not clear to me whether this thing really support flash. If I am correct, it doesn't natively. You said in your first post that the tablet does run flash by installing another browser (like Skyfire). But do you need to something (like flashing the ROM) b4 you can even install another browser? Secondly, installing apps like Angry Birds, can you just do it or do you have to flash the ROM first for this too? And if not, is it hard to install apps? Thnx in advance for answering. Buying this is risky. There is bad information on the internet...

nanomite

Jul 21, 2011
Hi,

I'm on a Mac and anything that isn't Apple is difficult to do, but I found this. I now use it under OSX and Windows 7. Once set up get you tablet ip address (I look at my router connected devices page) and viola option a plenty. A word of caution though, you can do a lot of damage if you misuse it.

QtADB
I had to hard reset after I used the adb reset recovery option as lots of apps went missing. But I use this on my Galaxy s, S2 and Wonder Media tablet.

It offers doudle click apk install and adb.

Ok one last question, for example it's possible do connect tablet to pc and transfer apk from PC to mini sd card? How can i do that? Just plug it and pass?

I saw this:

Can you explain

thatsme

Aug 14, 2011
Hi.
My tablet (via8650 android2.2) have an flash lite version who works without problems (but very slow with flash videos) with the 2 web browser that came installed.
I tried the others web browsers recommended. Android market don't allow to install skyfire and dolphin hd (incompatible message). Mini Opera doesn't work with lite flash version.

Last edited:

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
too complicated to get to work for my blood. you are welcome to try.

Assuming you get a male-to-male USB cable your computer will recognize the Tablets INTERNAL MEMORY STORAGE as a Universal Diskdrive (mass storage device) but it will not see the SD card that is in the tablet. transfering files would be a three point process: from PC to tablet, then from tablet to SD card. sort of going around your elbow to getto your sphincter if you ask me. e-mailing it or using a usb drive is easier...or just find your app on one of the alternative markets.

With the tablet in hibernation, I used my wife's iPod connector cable plugged into the end of my tablet. I then turned it on, and my computer recognized an external drive. I got a warning on the tablet that the SD card had been unexpectedly stopped. I could read the microSD card on my XP machine in Windows Explorer, so copied some .mp3 files to the SD card. I put the tablet back into hibernation and disconnected it. When I restarted, the files were on the SD card and accessible by my music player.

So yes, you can transfer files directly to the SD card using a cable, you just have to connect through the port for the adapter (which I never got with my tablet).

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
Since I installed the HYBRiD_WM8650_Uberoid_v6FiNAL ROM, my performance has been so much better that some games that never worked before are working now.

On a separate note, I'm hooked on Drag Racing.

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
@ einnovy: which game are you referring to? Do you have the real Google market set up on your tablet?

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
I just downloaded Mahjong by Magma Mobile. Works fine on WM8650 - I've tried some 3D ones that were very slow. Just took me a bit of time to realize that the tiles were running off the edge of the screen and I needed to zoom out to see the whole puzzle.