Which Phone Networks work with the S7

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
I just bought a tmobile pre paid phone, was like $15,and came with 10min free.

Activated phone, took out sim, put in my s7 and now i have prepaid tmobile.

Sent from my S7 thru space & time

Stevieonder

Feb 14, 2011
If you go to an at&t corp store you can get a sims for free. If you go to an autherized retailer its 26 bucks. At&t works great tho. Ive tried tmobile as well but att worked the best just get the 25 dollar card and pay 19$ fir data and itll work fine you gotta restart the phone if you turn off the data to get it to work but i use it all the time wo issues. I forget the site i got it from but its posted here somewhere youve gotta change the apn settings when you put it but only once. And it is unlocked. Any carrier will work you just need to find the apn settings for that carrier. Long story short att is the best as far as knowing itll work every time and i get edge abd 3g both. Hope this helped

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I visited the local AT&T store and the sales guy said I can get a free SIM card with a minimum purchase ($25) of airtime. I forgot to mention I wanted voice-only, but it will probably come up when they try to sell me a data plan instead of a prepaid thing.

Stevieonder

Feb 14, 2011
I was saying you should buy a 25$ card to give you aurtime and the 19$ to cover the data plan byt yea voice ibly works without changing a thing

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Jul 28, 2011
My Tracfone sim card would not work either. I am really ignorant about wifi (and Androids), and thought I could use any carrier's sim card in this unlocked S7. Does anyone know if I can use a sim card from any other plan (like the one Walmart has), in this S7, or am I limited to At&T or T-Mobile? I really do not want a "contract only," carrier... Do I need a sim card to get wifi on the S7? (Like I said, I'm new to this, but trying to learn...)

Jul 28, 2011
My Tracfone sim card would not work either. I am really ignorant about wifi (and Androids), and thought I could use ANY carrier's sim card in this UNLOCKED S7. Does anyone know if I can use a sim card from any other carrier/plan (like the one Walmart has), in this S7, or am I limited to At&T or T-Mobile? I really do not want a "contract only," carrier... Do I need a sim card to get wifi on the S7? Will I get wifi with a home router and at hot spots? (I probably sound really stupid to you pros, but like I said, I'm new to this, but trying to learn...)​

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
It has been my experience that only AT&T and T-mobile work here in the States.
There are other providers that work in other countries.
It may be that the signal types are different enough between the other providers that they don't work.
Then again, it may also be that the settings need to be set up for each different carrier.
It may be possible to get the setting requirements from the phone that the SIM card works in.
Try looking through the menu on the phone until you find the carrier information. It may help.
I know that if I don't follow the set up in the stickies, my phone will work, but not my data.

As for the WIFI, it will work with or without the SIM card. In the free WIFI hotspots,
(i.e. McDonalds) it will connect with no problem (no security) but with a home
router, you will have to provide the security key.

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
You can use a pre-pay AT&T sim for the s7. There is a thread in the stickie section at androidtablets.net that describes everything you need to get started. I use at&t with a pre-pay data sim. Set it up at best buy. You will have to set up the at&t APN settings on the s7 but it works very well. I tried out the phone options but prefer to use my regular cell phone for calls. I get the 500 MB data pack for $25.00/month. Since I just use the data for e mail and browsing the web/ chats the 500mb limit works out well.

Sent from my NexusOne using Tapatalk