Which tablets have built-in Bluetooth?

CasaDelGato

Jan 30, 2011
I'm looking for a table to use for a project display. The data comes in via Bluetooth. (I have the app working on my phone, but that display is just too small!)
I tried digging around on Ebay, but almost all the Tablets list bluetooth capability - but then say you need a separate bluetooth adapter. Which makes searching for bluetooth tablets there pretty much useless.

So, which ones have bluetooth? AND a decent touch screen? (I tried one of the el-cheapo android tablets with a resistive touch screen, you just about needed to put your full weight on your finger for it to respond.)

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Archos, Huawei, Witstech. GTab, Galaxy Tab.... The real question is how much are you willing to spend. The base price for BT seems to be $150-175 and the sweet spot for base quality unit is about $175-225.

CasaDelGato

Jan 30, 2011
Admittedly, since this is for experimentation, I don't want to spend a lot. (Those $400+ tablets are right out!) Also, it's main use will be to run a single program, not as a general purpose tablet.
I did find a list at Available Android Tablets which indicates which ones of those have Bluetooth.
From that list, I'm looking at the "Pandigital Novel" or the "Archos 7". The Novel looks like the better buy for what I need.
I'm going to continue looking for a bit more.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
That list is useless and wrong. Neither of those tablets have bluetooth.

CasaDelGato

Jan 30, 2011
After doing more searches for specs, I agree with you.
Seems pretty bad to have a list of devices with completely incorrect information on them.
sigh.

CasaDelGato

Jan 30, 2011
So, IS there a list of Specific Make/Models that have bluetooth?
something in the $200 range would be fine.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I wanted to say the link in my signature, but that list is a little on the outdated side :(

Gurgle's answer sums it up.

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
Actually make sure you specify which 7" Archos you are talking about. The gen8 Archos 70 has a great responsive capacitive touch screen, has Bluetooth, and it also has an HDMI out, with the tablet functioning literally as a touchpad. However the Gen7 Archos 7 home tablet kinda sucks, runs Android 1.6 and has been said has no Bluetooth.

Its not the cheapest, but its probably one of the cheaper top-tier out there. The 8 gig vers. around $250 I think.

Sent from my A70H using Tapatalk

crazyyen

Jan 27, 2011
Hiya buddy get a lovely apad a8 2 speaker model which i have just use the mini usb dongle lead with a mini bluetooth and it works a treat :D

P1030850.jpg

P1030855.jpg

P1030852.jpg

Best of luck

Subarub4

Aug 23, 2011
new member here.. Here is a question.. which tablets have Bluetooth AND GPS? And what would I be expecting to pay? Using the tablet solely for the Torque application for the car

nelgrek

Aug 16, 2011
Here is a tablet with built-in Bluetooth I noticed around. Looks like a decent tablet based on the specs. It's really powerful as the tab runs Nvidia Tegra2 processor, so the video performance would be great. Frankly, the price is a little expensive to me. Anyone noticed another tab with almost the same spcs. but more affordable price?