Why do some tablets look identical?

NeoStar9X

Aug 6, 2010
Perhaps I'm missing something but several tablets I've looked at (trying to decide on one as it's going to by my first tablet and rather go with an Android based on then the expensive iPad.) all look the same. The outside is what I'm referring to. Are some pretty much a single model just resold under different names by stores?

If so why aren't resellers simply selling the model as it's original name instead of changing it or are they all tweaking the device in some way? Are the changes significant enough to warrant the change or is it just a was to stand out and perhaps make a name for themselves?

Thanks

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
your right a lot of sellers just rename the device or leave the device name out all together on their sites. but there are still several different models that looks the same on the outside, i think most business's that make them are trying to make them look like an ipad thinking that by looking the same as a popular apple product it will seel more, so i just suggest find the specs you want at the best price and then buy that one

NeoStar9X

Aug 6, 2010
Gotcha. Thanks. I did notice they do look similar to the iPad. Work off of the attention the iPad is getting. That was bound to happen but was confused by so many models looking similar.