Wifi dropping after 1.1 update pre-rooted r2

JackOnan

Nov 18, 2010
Was wondering if anyone else was having issues with wifi dropping and failing to reconnect after the 1.1 update. This issue started for me right after I updated to 1.1 pre-rooted r1. I never had a single issue with wifi disconnecting before the update. I reflashed to r2 and it seemed to be better for a while, but now its doing it again. Basically what will happen is I'll be reading the news with gReader and suddenly wifi will disconnect. The only way to reconnect is if I reboot the NC (power cycle).

I tried all sorts of things to reconnect, but it just says "Scanning..." and never reconnects. I tried removing the wifi profile for my network and re-adding it, retyping password etc. Tried manually disconnecting/reconnecting using my homescreen wifi widget and the quick settings and the wifi settings from device settings. Also was standing right next to the router, so signal was very strong. Router has the latest firmware which had no issues before 1.1.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
No more than with b&n sw 1.0 & 1.0.1. Although what I'm experiencing is not a drop, it's more of a slow reconnect on wake up. Again, a little better than 1.0 and about the same as 1.0.1. Never have a problem reconnecting, sometimes it will take 10 seconds or so.

JackOnan

Nov 18, 2010
No more than with b&n sw 1.0 & 1.0.1. Although what I'm experiencing is not a drop, it's more of a slow reconnect on wake up. Again, a little better than 1.0 and about the same as 1.0.1. Never have a problem reconnecting, sometimes it will take 10 seconds or so.

Yeah, I've always had the slow reconnect on wake up. But this happens while its on, and even after 10 minutes it doesn't reconnect. Maybe its some app I have installed thats causing it, but it never did it on 1.0.1 with the same apps.

breebauer

Dec 6, 2010
I have the same issue:

Sometimes it will show that I'm connected.. but no internet.
Sometimes it wont even show the network at all.
Sometimes it just wont connect even if it shows the network.
I'm travelling right now... and have had the same problems on lots of different networks. Turning wifi on and off doesn't help.

Basically I have to reboot each time I need to connect to wifi. That seems to be the only way to fix it....

ck1

Feb 13, 2011
wow this is exactly what i am having go on. My NC is not rooted its is bone stock new. it just came of fof its first charge and it is having issues staying connected.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
wow this is exactly what i am having go on. My NC is not rooted its is bone stock new. it just came of fof its first charge and it is having issues staying connected.

You should upgrade to B&N 1.0.1 or 1.1 and see if you are still having issues. The B&N updates do include wifi fixes.