Wifi wont connect now

tynub

Jan 14, 2012
Hi, Newbie here .Got the cm7 mod going no problem,everything works great but all of a sudden I can't connect to my home network.It worked for 2 weeks,now it keeps switching from connecting/disconnecting.Reboot router and nook to no avail.I'd say it's not a network issue as I'm sending this from my laptop.Any ideas??

sherri64

Dec 26, 2011
Try unplugging router for a full minute. On tablet, on wi-fi settings, tap home network and tap "forget" . Replug in router. See if tablet finds network now....

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Hi, Newbie here .Got the cm7 mod going no problem,everything works great but all of a sudden I can't connect to my home network.It worked for 2 weeks,now it keeps switching from connecting/disconnecting.Reboot router and nook to no avail.I'd say it's not a network issue as I'm sending this from my laptop.Any ideas??

Press on the network name and select forget then try connecting again

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

1hen2ducks

Mar 7, 2011
If for some reason the problem continues, and sometimes it does while we look for a true cure, if you can change the channel on your wireless router to a number lower than six (6) that may help. You might have to turn off default to keep it on the new channel over time.
The never fail teporary cure is from the "Market" download FXR WiFi fixer and rescue. Keep it handy until you've found the real issue and solved it. I keep it on a home page and will forever.
Lastly there is a CM-7.1 nightly 253M that I've been running for months. It cured the wifi problem and a plethora of other problems. Find it; try it or it's newest itteration.

I hope this makes some sense cuz i'm not going to proofread it.

Mike

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
Hey Mike, where did you download 253m from? I tried to find it but never did.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

1hen2ducks

Mar 7, 2011
Oh ! Maybe XDA, but I sure thought I got it here. Try ROM manager. I'll go look around.

Last edited:

1hen2ducks

Mar 7, 2011
Oh ! Maybe XDC, but I sure thought I got it here. Try ROM manager. I'll go look around.

Found on Cyanogenmod forum and Pat you were a part of this conversation too.
http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/16323-cm7-discussion-of-nightlies/page__st__1740

Courtesy of Magnatron's post here it is:
The Nightly # 253m can be downloaded from the below link. Use at your own risk.
http://www.mediafire...9itlawymi6rjyy9
mod5sum = f183d415bb2197dc82017738848661e4

I have no idea who the OP for the 253M build is/was but it sure does work well. Worth a sticky ?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The nature of nightlies being what they are, a sticky would be ironic :) It can live happily here.

I think CM9 will soon be the hot topic.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011

Try updating the router firmware. This seems to help a lot of people with the same issue. Why it works and then suddenly doesn't no idea though.