WiFi Won't Turn On After Deleting Something from Android Root Directory

sephmund

Oct 3, 2016
If you're reading this, I hope you can help me. :(

Recently, my tablet randomly disconnects to my home network. Because of that, I searched for a solution on the internet but I was dumb enough to follow a certain website's instructions to delete the following root directories:

data/misc/wifi

data/misc/dhcp

I had experience in modifying root files and taking advantage of root privileges but I can't believe I did this. I should've known better that deleting root files is dangerous and now my wifi won't turn on! Please help me... I tried replacing these files but no luck. I think I need the root files from the exact same tablet. If anyone of you has the same tablet as mine, please upload the files. Or if you're knowledgeable about what could work with my problem, please help me. :( I think factory resetting my phone won't work since I modified the root files itself.

Here is my tablet info:

Model: Toshiba AT7-B (http://www.************/toshiba_excite_7c_at7_b8-6467.php) but my storage is only 5 gb

Android ver: 4.2.2

Kernel ver: 3.0.36+

If you need more information please tell me.

Also, do android devices that have the same version and kernel have the same root files(data/misc in this case) or it's unique per device?

Thank you for reading.