Will a stylus work on the g Tab and are there any decent notetaking apps?

suvroadrage

Mar 30, 2011
I admit I am one of the Wooters and I am waiting for my gTablet to arrive (FedEx tracking says Friday). While I have been waiting, I met with a client this week who with his iPad (Blah!) has gone as near paperless as I have seen anyone go.

During our meeting he was taking notes and annotating the PDF's I had previously sent him w/ a stylus. He was using NoteTaker HD and Goodreader on his Ipad and would later upload everything to his MobileMe account then to his pc at work. It all looked very slick.

Is this something I may be able to do when my gTablet arrives? Can I even use a Stylus on the gTablet and are there programs which will allow me to do something even similar?

Thanks!

YJJim

Mar 29, 2011
I'm hoping to do the same thing. I've heard Evernote is good, but I'm hoping to try MobileNoter since it is compatible with OneNote. Hoping for comments from someone who's tried them on the G-Tab.

suvroadrage

Mar 30, 2011
I just tried the free version of Genial Writing. I just used my finger and it went pretty well. I then saved the note over to Dropbox to sync to my pc where I was able to convert the jpg to pdf and now I have my meeting notes saved for reference.

I hope to purchase a stylus soon to see how that works.

Anyone have a thought on the best pdf app which will allow me to annotate with the stylus?

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011
So has anyone purchased a stylus for their gTablet yet, and if so...how does it work ?
David

Gary_O

Mar 20, 2011
I have been using the DAGi Capacitive stylus. It has a unique transparent plastic round flat tip, so that you can see through the tip and it doesn't obscure the area you are touching with the stylus. There is a little red dot in the middle of the flat tip that essentially is the contact point for the stylus. It takes a while to get used to, but it is pretty good for drawing apps. I've been trying out Autodesk Sketchbook for drawing.

I also tried the Acase 2nd generation stylus, which has a soft rubber hollow tip. I found I really have to press down hard with that stylus to get it to register well.

However, as I have installed the Skinomi screen protector on the gTablet, that extra layer seems to reduce the sensitivity of a stylus. I think a stylus would work better without a screen protector, but I really like the protection and reduced fingerprint mess with the Skinomi so it's a trade-off.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I bought a cheap pack of 3 for $3 from amazon and they work just as well as the $40 capacitive stylii.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum