WM 8650 ROM Problem: Will Not Load

meetballhead

Jun 7, 2011
Hi people. Not sure if anyone can help me with this but anything would be great.

Got one of these a while ago and for some reason its stuck at the little green man loading screen now. Tried the resest with the pin in the hole but no luck.

Is there a way I can load a new ROM on to this or is it deader than fried chicken? I managed to de-brand and change the ROM on my ZTE blade but that was running so I have no idea what to do now?

I am hoping that there is a genius on here that will be able to show me.:cool:

jamiesk

May 23, 2011
Seems like you got the wrong version on there. Download an appropriate version for your tablet via your PC, unzip it and run the bat file to change the generic ROM to your version. Put it onto a SD card, power off your tablet, insert the new SD card and boot it. If it stays on the "Upgrading your Android" for more than a few minutes then its the wrong version and will not install. Try another ROM version.

meetballhead

Jun 7, 2011
Ah right. I think it was overclocked because it ran very slow and I do not think it was made for 2.2. Would I be right in asuming this?

Also thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

jamiesk

May 23, 2011
Ah right. I think it was overclocked because it ran very slow and I do not think it was made for 2.2. Would I be right in asuming this?
You might have to load the "old" software back onto it and un-clock it. I dont have much experience with overclocking - just with the WRT54G. The firmware my tablet was supplied with made it run slowly, but I've flashed it with the hch version 2.2

Also thanks for your reply, much appreciated.
No problem.

meetballhead

Jun 7, 2011
So far I have managed to get a copy of Uberoid 2.2 and have tried loading that. Changed the BAT file and got to the "upgrade preparing, please wait..." but thats as far as I get so I am assuming by going what you said that it is not compatible and will try again.

I am thinking it should start the change fairly quick within the space of them few minutes?

I have no idea what the "factory" software was - some dodgy chinese crap so trying to get that back loaded will not be easy.

meetballhead

Jun 7, 2011
Ok I finally got there. Did everything you said above but I forgot to to format the card to FAT32. Then I just uploaded the whole folder to the card and that did not work so then I emptied the contents of the folder onto the formatted card and then I chose option one on the change.bat file - mine has the green LED, blackaudio jack and vibrate on start up. Dropped the card back in the tablet and switched it on.

Now all I am getting is the green uberoid screen flashing. any ideas as what to do now?

Thanks

Update: option 8 worked and I am all up and running. Happy days ;)

Last edited:

karnor

Mar 21, 2011
I have the same problem. I've read this thread and the threads on a couple of other forums and am willing to try anything -- except there's no consensus on what to try and there's no info on this thread as to where to find the right ROM.

I have a WM8650, green/red LED, WiFi and 3G, vibrate, Android 2.2, Kernel 2.6.32, Build Number V 1.2.3

Goes to the android icon and then does nothing else. A very few times it has gone ahead and booted up, but those times have been practically non-existent this last week. Finally got it to boot up this morning after three days of nothing, long enough to try a factory data reset -- no go.

So- is there any "one-stop shop" to find the ROM for the particular tablet I have, along with instructions on how to get it working?

krishneelg3

Aug 29, 2011
Hi people. Not sure if anyone can help me with this but anything would be great.

Got one of these a while ago and for some reason its stuck at the little green man loading screen now. Tried the resest with the pin in the hole but no luck.

Is there a way I can load a new ROM on to this or is it deader than fried chicken? I managed to de-brand and change the ROM on my ZTE blade but that was running so I have no idea what to do now?

I am hoping that there is a genius on here that will be able to show me.:cool:

hello i have the solution to your problem my specs are
WM8650
CPU 800MHz
2GB internal
Wifi
ECT....

so you will need uberoid final search up in google im sure you'd find it, all you need is a micro sd card format your sd then extract all files to the root of your sd,then click on changer.bat and press 9 nothing ive tried didnt work use nine after that hit enter it should come up saying one files copied twice then it will tell you to press y or n then for both press n.

now power off your device,put in your sd and turn on it should start up and it will say update.....,let it do what it needs and then it will replace old files with android honeycomb files then remove sd and ur done

hope this helped for any queries please don't hesitate to ask.

:)

trefoletto

Oct 2, 2011
Did you find the website for the downloading of the ROM? I'va the same problem with tablet WM8650. Thanx in advance.

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
There are different ROMs available. The only one I've tried (and I'm happy with it) is the one linked to in my sig. You'll have to register first, then you can follow the link and download it.

dipsy14eva

Sep 11, 2011
My MID epad android 2.2 has refused to boot,I have only used it for few days,anyone with any useful information to fix it pls?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Tablet Forum

callh

Jan 1, 2012
hi, happy new yaer..
i have chaina table and don't know model..
i want firmware and model #..

Attachments

• $02012012149.jpg
    $02012012149.jpg
    476.9 KB · Views: 1,021
  • $02012012151.jpg
    $02012012151.jpg
    493.8 KB · Views: 1,106
  • $02012012152.jpg
    $02012012152.jpg
    404.1 KB · Views: 1,057
Last edited:

wanto

Sep 5, 2014
hi, my Indonesian people, would like to have a schema diagram WM 8650 made in china if anyone got ya, thanks. because there are some missing components