Working apps for Nook Color

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Could someone tell me how to get apps to the 2nd or 3rd homepage on autonooter. I know how to make the pages but am not able to get apps to anything but my homepage

From your app draw, long hold on a app icon to make a shortcut of the icon on your home screen. Once you have the icon on your home screen, long hold the icon again to lift it up and move it left or right to the edge of the screen, the screen will automatically move to one of your alternate pages. Then let go of the icon to set it back down

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011
From your app draw, long hold on a app icon to make a shortcut of the icon on your home screen. Once you have the icon on your home screen, long hold the icon again to lift it up and move it left or right to the edge of the screen, the screen will automatically move to one of your alternate pages. Then let go of the icon to set it back down

This is what I have been doing. I can drag it to the second page, but when i lift my finger it goes to my first home screen. Maybe I have a small glitch in my screen. I will keep trying.

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011
OK! I can get my apps to sit on the bottom of my screen next to my apps icon but when I move it higher it automatically goes to trash. Do you know a solution to this?

Edit: It is also on my first home screen by the apps drawer.

kabbie1882

Feb 24, 2011
OK! I can get my apps to sit on the bottom of my screen next to my apps icon but when I move it higher it automatically goes to trash. Do you know a solution to this?

Edit: It is also on my first home screen by the apps drawer.

What launcher & rom are you using ?

Wxkila

Apr 18, 2011
Hi All,

Great topic, and first of all, thank you to all, who posted great tips on what's working or not with NC. Got mine few months ago, with the intention to root it – that’s what I did, and finally I’m at 925 mhz with Ultimate Droid 3.3.3. Main purpose: reading, video and some games, and occasional browsing (no facebook, tweeter, though, wouldn’t mind skype, but no camera, so kinda pointless). Here’s a small list of what I have and works and what didn’t (in my setup, I see others might just run it well):
No Issue apps:

1. Birds (all)
  2. fbReader (downloads from net and reads .zip, ePub and other languages, not just english – great for me)
  3. Fancy Widget
  4. Aldiko
  5. Astro
  6. Button Saviour
  7. Dolphin Browser HD (have few thoughts on the browser)
  8. Easy Uninstaller (works fine, but had one before better – can’t recall the name)
  9. Google Maps (with Streets View, but doesn't work)
  10. Rock Player
  11. OverDrive Media
  12. Wifi On/Off
  13. Zeam

Work, with issues

1. Browsers – tried Opera (Mini and Mobile) – no luck, was freezing or extremely slow, same with Firefox. Had issues with Dolphin Browser HD, uninstalled it and went with regular Dolphin, seems to be working fine and now I tried the HD again, looks good.
  2. Maps – can’t get the streets view to works, install/uninstall, but I can’t get that yellow “human” to appear
  3. Video players – as suggested, I tried yxplayer, but performance was bad – was slow on playing simple .avi that was about 2.5Mpbs… on the other hand, RockPlayer played same file fine. Haven’t tried any heavy artillery, mkv or the similar, as I don’t think we have enough juice to do that, and I also think that mkv should be played on 55’ and not 7’
Looking for tips on getting the battery to stay alive longer and maybe how to fix the street view ;). Thank you.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I recommend Miren Browser for anyone looking for a light weight fast web browser.

I also recommend FPse. It is a Playstation Emulator that loads more game roms than PSX4droid does.

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
May not be the right place for this (you can move it if necessary) but just found the Logitech Tablet keyboard for the ipad pairs and works great with the nook using bluekeyboard jp apk. The keyboard has a case that doubles as a stand for the nook. $69.00 at Best Buy.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
Just got Gun Bros from the amazon app store to work. Running cm7.1 rc1 with dal's 06/30 OC rom set at 1250 MHz. GB is a top down shooter designed for tegra chips but rocks on the nook. Had to turn off wifi or get FC's.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk