Working apps for Nook Color

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Has anyone managed to install Swype?
I dont like SlideIt so much.

Also Quadrant Advanced doesnt run all benchmarks.I get crash at 11/12 cpu benchs (H.264 decoding).

Last edited:

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I was wondering about swype too. I tried installing it with root explorer and couldn't get it to work.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I tried different versions of Swype and when I try to write something I get error about resolution (that my screen is at 1024x600).So, no go with that..

Any idea why I have problem with video decoding test at Quadrant?On the other hand I can run perfect the Smartbench 2010 with scores 584/1130 at 1Ghz.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
First video player that plays .avi's on my NC. Thanks! Now further research into recovering that missing internal memory... Cheers! Also not to be cheesy but Google Sky Maps is dreamy.....

The market won't let me install GSM, where did you get your apk from?

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
The market won't let me install GSM, where did you get your apk from?
I just went and checked and I am fairly certain I installed it from the market.
I don't watch much video on my NC and it was a few nightlies ago that I last tried it.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Can someone tell me why Google Maps dont run in my Nook? I installed it from market.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

richk2

Mar 9, 2011
just a heads up - no lock worked really well but then I discovered that it blocked usb mounting to the computer and I had to uninstall - am using a program called antilock which does same thing as no lock but doesn't create the usb problem

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Can someone tell me why Google Maps dont run in my Nook? I installed it from market.

Google Maps version 4414 works well, along with google earth version 9. Could be your CM7.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Tried yesterday Root tools .
Works fine and it gives some extra options like changing boot animations or block ad .

Sir Robin

Jan 22, 2011
Got my NookColor for xmas and rooted it immediately. Absolutely awesome!!!
Some Apps I have running:
Evernote - Notes that are shared between devices (pc, blackberry, android, nook......)
RssDemon - Rss reader
Dolhpin Browser HD - Love the gestures!
PingChat - Chat client (BB, iPad, Android, iPhone)
Tweetdeck - (Twitter, Facebok....>)
Angrybirds (OF COURSE!)
ACV - comic book reader

Do you remember if you had to do anything unusual to get Tweetdeck to install? and which version you have working? I have tried everything I can think of and can't get it to install, several apps install by sideloading but I can't even get it with that, having to use twidroyd~ not impressed at all.

eghill1125

Feb 25, 2011
Ok. I am getting lost in the Flash talk and could use a simple moron proof answer. :)

I am currently having zero problems seeing videos in the browser from the popular sites. Youtube, CNN, ESPN, and my local news station. They all work and minus a touch of audio sync problems, they work well.

What I can't do is see videos in apps. Things like TV.com, ESPN Bracket Buster, and WPXI app all force close right away when trying to see video. On the TV Shows app the videos work.

What is the difference in plain terms? Are they just a different encoding that I am not aware of?

Any answer would be great. I really have no complaint on this and would just like to further my knowledge on the subject. I have learned a ton from having the Nook Color and my Droid Eris that I would never have known before and this is just another step in the line of learning more for me.

Thanks in advance....

Davie

Mar 20, 2011
Hey Rocco. Love the attempt at organization. I Think it may also be useful to state info like NC rooted with autonooter 3.0 or something like that.
Thanks!

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011
Could someone tell me how to get apps to the 2nd or 3rd homepage on autonooter. I know how to make the pages but am not able to get apps to anything but my homepage