Working apps for Nook Color

BoloMKXXVIII

Jul 27, 2010
Is there a list of programs that work under Honeycomb? I have Astro file manager and Angry Birds working. There are several others I have loaded and have working but can't recall their exact names at the moment (at work). I will make a list of what I have working but would be interested to see who has what working under Honeycomb.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Has anyone tried with Sygic or other gps application?
I know that NC doesnt have GPS but I really like to have the ability to check into maps or do searches of addresses.

Also what is the best bench program for NC?

JMag

Feb 23, 2011
How about a game called PewPew? It's pretty challenging and a ton of fun on my fascinate, but on a tablet it would be 10 times better with the added screen size. Tank Hero is another great one that would be perfect for a tablet.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I installed Google maps 5 and after I have some questions about position services it crashes.

Also I have read that yxplayer works fine, but I installed simple version and also the PRO and when I run them nothing happenes.I just return to Home Screen.
Are they bug of CN7 V3?

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Don't know if anyone knew this but .AVI's works with yxplayer.
First video player that plays .avi's on my NC. Thanks! Now further research into recovering that missing internal memory... Cheers! Also not to be cheesy but Google Sky Maps is dreamy.....

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
How well does it work Local?
It's amazing. Just amazing. I live, sorta in the middle of nowhere, as it were and on a clear night(unfortunately it was snowing last night)I can see more stars than most. But the Star Maps identifies all of them. Almost instantaneously. Planets, the horizon, constellations....
:rolleyes: Sorry I felt like a kid in a candy store. :rolleyes:
2001%20A%20Space%20Odyssey%20Pic%20001.jpg

:cool:Must have spent an hour turning it over and over in my hands :cool:
2001%20A%20Space%20Odyssey%20Pic%20054.jpg

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Nice ! got to try.
Ok since this is the working apps thread I will throw down a list few more of my fav's that are working/stable.
I am currently running CM7 n7 and after reading this http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-color-sd-card-over-wifi.html?highlight=samba Samba Fileshare wins the app of the year for me. I followed the instructions and now have a NC icon in my task bar and my PC and NC live together in wireless file-transfer bliss :rolleyes:
Miui music player http://www.jbthemes.com/jsinlegacy/Mods/MiuiMusic-signed.apk has replaced all others, it's B. E. A. Utiful, it handles my FLAC files flawlessly, plays nice with the built-in DSP eq and my DAC :cool:
Sadly no usb access yet but one can hope/wait. (If anyone has info on accessing the usb for generic audio drivers please let me know).
Widget-Locker rules. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker&feature=search_result The new features are insane, though a little tough to navigate at the out-set.
The gTab SiMi clock widget is also top notch, could easily replace ADW, or the stock laucher. I love it.
:cool: Pulse :cool:

Holy Crap!

'Nuff Said.

YXPlayer worked on a few of my .avi's but I haven't had any luck with conversion/exoport/streaming of video Youtube included. Not really an issue for me, that's what the flat-screen is for.

For anyone that has an always on PC/Mac/Linux I just discovered this yesterday Tonido - Run your own Personal Cloud the implications/simplicity of this program both server side and the mobile app I will leave to those of you with large libraries of media files and an always on home computer to discover. It's a little nuts. Makes all those hours I lost trying to set-up ftp and dns tragically laughable.:mad:

Go-to's; Aldiko, DROPBOX, TiBU, imo.im, K-9 mail, SmartBar, Astro, Root Exporer, SpeedX 3D is a little laggy but playable, Pocket Legends(Huzzah!),VLC Remote, ADWex, Watchdog, SetCPU, BatterLeft, all the usual suspects just work beautifully.

I really have to admit I am in gadget-gripping, fingerprint smearing, slack-jawed, weak-kneed,
:rolleyes: LOVE :rolleyes:

with this thing...

Add to that this wonderful forum and it is without a doubt....
A%20Clockwork%20Orange%20024.jpg

Gadget Blisssssss......

Thanks Everyone!

Local Stain

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
Nice share of apps. And seems my wifi tutorial helped you lot ! [credits to original developer :)]

On other note, just installed Mozilla Firefox. Working nice till now. I was badly needed it as it allows syncing.