Working Apps List

th0mb0y

May 2, 2011
Zoom and rotate don't work due to the lack of multitouch. I'm sure there are other functions missing as well. Still works really well though. Really awesome with the stylus. Try it out, it is a free app.

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
Does anyone have the .apk file for the android forum app? i have been unable to locate it and im sure its right under my nose too so im sorry if i seem to be blind. thanks for the help.
I have it if you still need it, just shoot me an email.

aFriend

May 27, 2011
Figured I would mention that Fieldrunners HD is Amazons free app today.

And so far it runs fine on my 7022, based on about two hours of playtime.

kerrickter

Jul 8, 2011
Haven't downloaded anything from the default Applib market.

Installed Google Market using the instructions found in technical support of this forum. Had purchased Slingbox Media Player from the Google Market last year for my G1 and was able to download and install it from the Google Market. The Slingbox app is by far the best thing I have running on my tablet. Google Maps, Direct TV, HBOGo and Pandora would not install for me from the Google Market.

If you have an amazon account they are giving away free paid apps everyday. The amazon appstore app allowed me to download all the free apps I had previously downloaded to my Droid X. Most of the fast action games aren't worth installing on the tablet due to poor touch screen. Majong, Solitare and other card games are fine on the tablet. Peggle from Popcap and Angry Birds from the amazon appstore worked well. Slacker Radio is a good alternative to Pandora, and can be downloaded from Amazon. You can also install Adobe Air and Acrobat Reader from the amazon appstore, but Flash is not available there.

I side loaded Flash and a few other APKs by goggling the name of the applications and APK and clicking on the download links. When I got Google Market working, it upgraded the Flash version I had to 10.3.

PureDigital

May 12, 2011
Random Mah Jong (market version only)
HP iPrint
EyeFi
Adownloader (from site, it has search) Bittorrent client
JustPictures
Quickpic
DroidIris

Textfree - the best texting app, free local number and voice calling too, this app would NOT work on a Acer Iconia, Archos 7, or a Arnova 10, all had major interface problems because the app is not tablet ready it works perfect on a 7022 possibly because of Compatibility Mode in Android 2.3.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

theonlygina

Jul 30, 2011
How do I get the Amazon app store on my MID7024? Brand new to this and tablets....please help.
Also, any ideas on how to get anymore apps outside of appslib would be so helpful!

Thanks!

rickio

May 14, 2011
Go to amazon.com with your browser an download the app. If you have problems i can post it here for you.

Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Hello, everyone.

I just ordered a MID7024 and it should arrive in a week or two.

Has anybody tried the Music Beta or Google+ apps?

lupedog

Aug 26, 2011
Not sure about the music but pearl gmail will give you google +.....I'll post later with details later...

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Thanks guys.

Yeah I uploaded the Market apks to my dropbox account.
I'll install them when I get the tablet

skicavs

Jan 17, 2011
So the notion ink apps from the Adam have been uploaded and slightly tweaked to work on the G- Tablet (Download Adam Notion Ink Apps .apk files for G-Tablet - Working Ported version | PressByte)
or (MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service)
They also work pretty well on the 8024 (it's resolution is slightly too low)

Works Pretty Well
Sniffer (panel browsing is great and it runs quickly), Quickoffice, Calendar, Mail'd (panel email is also great)
Canvas

Works poorly
Calculator

Does not work at all (force close)
Browser

Anyways the tools make the 8024 feel much more tablet like and are worth a download