Working on the tablet

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
offtopic, I wish this site would email you when you receive a pm, makes it easier for people to notice :p

Razor - if you add this thread as a subscription you can set it up to notify you via email when people respond.

cheers,
P

nicholasblock

Nov 30, 2010
I would love to test anything you can throw at me. I can do anything in adb shell, fastboot, etc..., I have also got some arduinos, for debugging and testing usb and other hardware, so let me know!!

Snyperx

Nov 22, 2010
I also have an S7 and "may" be willing to do some testing depending on what we are testing. I don't want to end up with a $300 brick;-)

perivarlura

Nov 27, 2010
I has adb successfully running in recovery today.

A few more tweak and clockwork should be semi functional, as the GUI is still splitted on top and bottom.
Guess I need some input from the developers to fix that problem.

Anyway, my work takes up much of my days, so it could be a little while before its complete, but i'll post the recovery here when its done.

Previously experience, tells me not to give a release date, so don't ask. It will be ready when its ready.

Hope this gives a little hope least.

I've also made a app2sd script for the device I will release when the recovery is working, as the manual labor to make it work now is quite complicated.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Tablet Forum App

jcabibi

Dec 8, 2010
You dirty tease! How did you get adb working in recovery???? I have been slamming my head against my desk trying to mount the SD in recovery... Anyways, thanks for the update and your hard work :)

A few more tweak and clockwork should be semi functional, as the GUI is still splitted on top and bottom.

Anyway, my work takes up much of my days, so it could be a little while before its complete, but i'll post the recovery here when its done.

Previously experience, tells me not to give a release date, so don't ask. It will be ready when its ready.

I've also made a app2sd script for the device I will release when the recovery is working, as the manual labor to make it work now is quite complicated.

perivarlura

Nov 27, 2010

Quick update,
the reason why recovery isn't working is because the recovery shell is being executed in a jail, and the recovery therefore doesn't have root access.
I'm currently working on a jail breaking / permission change that will make recovery able to mount and unmount partitions, in short terms, make it able to do its job :)

perivarlura

Nov 27, 2010
Quick update,
the reason why recovery isn't working is because the recovery shell is being executed in a jail, and the recovery therefore doesn't have root access.
I'm currently working on a jail breaking / permission change that will make recovery able to mount and unmount partitions, in short terms, make it able to do its job :)

The jail is now broken, the only thing left to do is to get rid of some dependencies of the /system folder, which forces me to keep /system mounted, and to customize the clockwork recovery for our tablet, and we'll have a full working recovery. Guess this shouldn't take too long to complete.

* edited due to some typos :)

jcabibi

Dec 8, 2010
The jail is now broken, the only thing left to do is to get rid of some dependencies of the /system folder, which forces me to keep /system mounted, and to customize the clockwork recovery for our tablet, and we'll have a full working recovery. Guess this shouldn't take too long to complete.

Let me know if you need a tester :)

perivarlura

Nov 27, 2010

Recovery is now mounting the correct folders, and the only thing left to fix is the "4 windows" clockwork creates.
Only issue/bug is that you need to mount /system
before you can adb to the device, but after its been mounted it unmounts without difficulty.
I have not yet figured out what causes this, but i think it has something to do with the original binaries/services needed to get adb to run.

I'll focus on getting recovery GUI right now first, and look into this afterwards.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I can tell you that for ViewSonic for example, when you run Clockwork you have two extra steps, mount/system and mount/data, and people seem to be absolutely fine with that.

Great Work!!