Would an android tablet be appropriate for this application?

eslerJJJ

Aug 23, 2011
Greetings -

A newbie here (so new I haven't even bought my tablet yet). So here is my question. I have uploaded 10,000 mp3 files to Google Music's cloud server. I want to play the music on my home stereo. Wouldn't an android tablet be able to manipulate the music with my Wi-Fi connection, and then have the output cabled back into my stereo through one of the inputs and out through the stereo's speakers?

That seems like a good way to access this music through my home stereo without having to place a laptop computer next to the stereo. I like the fact that it isn't spinning a hard disk and could be connected for extended periods of time.

Assuming this would work for a tablet, can I assume that almost any (least expensive) tablet would suffice, since I'm not looking for any other features - it would be dedicated to this purpose.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the simple question,

John Esler
"eslerJJJ"

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Should work fine, and yes you could basically use it as your "jukebox." Just make sure that the tablet you get is running Android 2.2 or higher, a lot of the cheap tabs are still running earlier versions of the OS.