wow got Playon on my CM7.. works great- Now I have NETFLIX !!

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
Thanks to CM&, I was totally surprised to see how well Netflix worked on my NC once I added Playon app.. I never even thought to try it and was very very pleased...

Now I have loads of stuff to keep me totally no matter where I am..between my downloaded movies ... Sling player and now Playon.. I am totally HAPPY.... and Pool side will never be as interesting as it will be now with m NC.. Tablet Computer !!!

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
OK.. I got the playon app to work with my Roku but never thought about using it with other gizmo's.. well was playing around and realized there was a Playon app in the Google Market.. so added it to my NC and my Droid phone... and followed the directions and viola.. now my NC can get everything my ROKU plays as well as all the Amazon streaming sites and best of all Netflix..watch your videos, shows, and movies from websites such as Netflix, Hulu, YouTube and on your TV using your Wii, Xbox 360, or Playstation 3 over your home internet connection. also works on your iPhone or Android phone and once you PAIR with you phone you can get it over 3g and a web browser.. just have to set up your router to allow it access.
. I got Playon to eliminate some of the cost of my cable and I wanted to get the BBC Network as I can't get it here in the USA and ended up buying the lifetime access.. $79 they have other options.. Annual $39 for 1st yr and $19 there after.. and now they even have a monthly plan.. $4.99
if you want to play.. here is the website.. they give you a 14day free trial.. What's PlayOn? | PlayOn

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Rico PlayOn basically installs a media server on your PC and lets the PC transcode incoming stream and sends it to your nook - so you can login to Netflix. Hulu, Amazon etc.. and access your playlist, queue and stream your movies. Since the PC does the transcoding on the fly, quality depends on your PC performane as well as distance from where your nook is. At home, mine plays really smooth and good quality, when i am at work (~20 miles away) it still plays smooth but at lower res

but yeah really enjoy this app

Care to elaborate. How exactly are you playing netflix on your NC?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
hmm interesting and pretty cool. Thanks for the explanation; I'll have to try this Playon. Too bad no wifi pc at work, may have to bring my laptop in.