X5 Tablet SD Card help please?

Oct 17, 2010
I've recently bought a Telechips X5 7" Tablet from Amazon.co.uk.
Latest 1080P 2GB X5A 7" Android 2.1 Tablet PC with Telechip 8902 processor and HDMI out: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

After a number of initial teething problems I'm left with one major problem I can't figure out for myself so I'd appreciate some help.
Every time I insert an SD card the whole tablet hangs. I've tried three different sized cards by two different manufacturers all with the same result. The only way to get it working again is to reset.

I hope someone out there can help me resolve this issue.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
OK, Basic question. Is this while it is powered up or when you are booting the device. Some Devices do not like on the fly insertion of media. This indicates build issues. But, in reality normal behaviour. Android like Linux sometimes has issues with power on exchange of storage
If it has issues if the SD card while booting, that is a different thing. You have incompatible flawed firmware and you need to replace the unit or the Firmware. It could be the wiring so it would not be firmware.

lafatlife

Sep 23, 2010
I am having the same problem. It doesn't matter if I insert the card while the tablet is off or on. It just freezes and I have to reset it.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
OK, some research has indicated the format of the card/and some cards have compatibility with the HSG X5A I would recommend you download the HP format flash utility and format the drive Here is the link and instructions. Otherwise try different flash cards. I am not having issues. but I do not change my card. I power up the card with the card in hand.

lafatlife

Sep 23, 2010
I double checked my sdcard and it was formatted at fat32. I don't know how they could be formatted differently if you use a different program.