Yes... Another Help Me Pick a Tablet Thread. Please!

synapticflow

Aug 23, 2011
So I have my eye on 2 tablets. Both are 10" and both are $199
The (Best Buy) Insignia Flex and the Lenovo S6000.
The Insignia specs are Tegra 3, 16gb storage, 1gb ram, 1366x768 screen resolution
The Lenovo is MTK 8125 Quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 (1.20GHz 533MHz 32gb storage (i think also 1gb ram) 1200x800 screen resolution.

What I want in a tablet is internet browsing, comic book reading, and watching video in bed. I will be doing almost no gaming except for maybe old school games of the 16 bit era and something like Scrabble.

No for some pros and cons to let you all know where I'm at already.

I tested the Lenovo in three locations. Two of them didn't work. The screen was froze. That really REALLY bothers me, but I bought a Lenovo tab for my sister last Christmas and it's going strong.
I tested the Lenovo and the Insignia side by side today.

PROS

Insignia + smaller body frame - the screen looked better - it responded faster
Lenovo + 32gb instead of 16 - well known name - tested 2 that didn't work

CONS

Insignia - fear of the brand name
Lenovo - looked and performed worse than the Insignia

So there ya go. It seems like the Insignia should be a no brainer, but I fear the name brand. A salesman tried to tell me that it may be made by ACER or ASUS. I forget which one. I would think the Lenovo could be more trusted, but coming across two faulty display models got me really worried.

I'm not looking to go up any in my price range. To do that would be getting my dream tablet (one with a Wacom stylus) and I am never paying $400 or more for a tablet. That dream is dead.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help. I need to make this purchase this Friday.

EDIT: It is possible that I am seeing some error in department store advertising. The Lenovo may be a 16GB model instead of 32GB.

Last edited:

edap

Dec 12, 2012
EDIT: It is possible that I am seeing some error in department store advertising. The Lenovo may be a 16GB model instead of 32GB.

The only price that I see on BB for the 32GB model is $279.99, not exactly a great deal.

arcone

Aug 27, 2012
Out of the two you give, I would go for the one using the tegra 3 after all that is what I have in my original Nexus 7'that I am still very pleased with.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Then, go with the Flex. However, if size wasn't an issue, I would take the 8-inch Flex. It was on sale for $80 on BF. And, it has a newer Android OS than the 10-incher: 4.2. Your call...