Gingerbread Android 2.3.6 Beta version for Le Pan 1 TC970 - out for testing

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
gilgamesh,

The CM7 install works for most people, something went bad on yours. Since you were able to run ClockWorkMod to install it, we got to try to get you back in it, and :

- do the 3 cache deletes again. User Data, Data partition and Dalvik caches, all need to be done before a new ROM install, maybe you missed one of them. It should help with getting off the boot-loop you are in right now.

Otherwise, you can re-load the Le Pan factory firmware, but you will need to write the 3 files on the SD card, then use the normal vol-down and power button pressed simultaneously (keep these down together, for a long time, it won't hurt and might get you in recovery mode).

An alternative is to use ADB if you have it installed - recovering from a boot loop is pretty easy then, connect the tablet to PC, power tablet up, and type 'adb reboot recovery' in the PC's command line.

Good luck!

gilgamesh

Jun 12, 2012
I think I missed the "Dalvik caches".
When the battery is out, the screen still shows the 2.3 GUI in the background. It means the OS really working, but the round arrow just won't go away.
I have tried to use vol- + power for both CM7 griffin and the original but it goes straight to the boot up screen no matter how long I hold the buttons.
If the ADB option U give me won't work, I think I need to get a new tablet.

Thank you very much, yan
i live on the other side of the lakes :)

p.s:
seems the last option doesn't work either. I got the Android SDK r18 and all tools/plug-ins/components installed.
Also installed the tablet as Android ADB Interface in the device manager.
But the device was not listed when I used command "adb devices", leave alone other commands.

Hey, I have mostly the same problem with this guy: http://lepanlife.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=310
Except for I can not even go to the recovery mode using "vol- + power" by any meaning.
This is a really bad experience with tablets, I don't think I wanna try something like this once again.

A question: my tablet is still under warranty, could I have my tablet restored for free or at a reasonable cost?

Last edited:

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
:(

Oh, bummer. :(

If you can't get the buttons to respond, and get you into recovery mode, it's a pain. And your ADB is not seeing the device, it won't be able to get it into recovery.

Question - did you install the windows drivers for the Le Pan Tablet? (those are needed, and ADB won't work with the tablet unless the correct driver is installed properly).

I found the drivers and ADB tools included with the SuperOneClick rooting toolkit worked fine for me (both in Windows XP Professional and Server 2003). Would recommend you try these - see this post with direct download links to the S1Click files. (you don't need the QtADB discussed in that thread, but do try to install the driver and ADB tools from the S1Click. You don't need to run S1Click, we are just grabbing that package for its easy install. And the drivers and adb work really well for me).

Sending the tablet back to Le Pan under warranty is a bad idea, as it shows a non-standard, non-factory firmware was installed, and that voids the warranty. Best to try and fix it yourself, or find someone local with experience rooting and restoring Android phones. Someone like that could help, even if there's a fee, you are better off than trying LP support, imo.

Good luck - Do try the S1 Click drivers install, I think that could get you working.

Last edited:

gilgamesh

Jun 12, 2012
seems to have the tablet recognized by S1click, but I don't know how to restore the firmware through it.
Could you please guide me on this? :)

p/s: OMG! It works T_T
Thank you so much, yann.

Last edited:

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
LOL, yey!!!

Awesome, glad to help. Enjoy. ;)

edit : sorry, I forgot to include the proper post link in the message above, glad you found the SuperOneClick files. Way to go. ;)

Added link to post above.

Last edited:

nomade

Feb 22, 2012
Hi All,
I have been using the latest Beta6 since it is out and I really love it.

Few days ago I got a BT keyboard and was trying to connect it to the tablet but it seem I cannot turn on the BT on the tablet as it tell me that I am in AirPlane mode which I'm not. The WiFi works.

I've also got a Camera adapter kit for the iPad to allow to connect USB and memory cards to the 30 pins connector but it does not work on this tablet, any chances of getting this working one day?

Thanks

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
hi, nomade,

The TC970 tablet does not offer Video/HDMI out, so it will not be possible in this model to get video on a TV. This is possible with the LP2 model, if you get their own HDMI adapter, using an Apple iPad one won't work since the pinouts aren't the same on the iPad 30 pin connectors.

Not sure about the BT accessories, as I don't use any at the moment. Good luck! :)

nomade

Feb 22, 2012
hi, nomade,

The TC970 tablet does not offer Video/HDMI out, so it will not be possible in this model to get video on a TV. This is possible with the LP2 model, if you get their own HDMI adapter, using an Apple iPad one won't work since the pinouts aren't the same on the iPad 30 pin connectors.

Not sure about the BT accessories, as I don't use any at the moment. Good luck! :)

Hi yann2,

Actually i was referring the the USB portion of the 30 pins connector.

As for the BT, if you could simply double-check if you could actually enable bluetooth support to see if that works for you. Mine wont turn on as it think i am in Airplane mode (and i'm not as the WiFi does work).

It could be a bad cache/settings in the cmos ?? that need to be reset or clear.

Thanks

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
As for the BT, if you could simply double-check if you could actually enable bluetooth support to see if that works for you. Mine wont turn on as it think i am in Airplane mode (and i'm not as the WiFi does work).

Thanks

Yes, I enabled BT from the CM7 home screen, from the Notifications bar, and it seems fine, except I don't have any devices to test properly with it.

nomade

Feb 22, 2012
Yes, I enabled BT from the CM7 home screen, from the Notifications bar, and it seems fine, except I don't have any devices to test properly with it.

Hello yann2, any suggestions on how to force mine on? I'm running Beta6. The only step I'might have forgotten is when I installed Beta5 I might not have clear all cache/memory, the rest I followed as far as I know.

Would there be any tools that I can use to check why it believe I'm in Airplane mode? I guess there is a flag somewhere that make BT believe it is while the WiFi is fine..??

Thanks

value99

Jul 26, 2012
So happy I found this forum. Still using the "old" Le Pan 970. Kind of tired of its look and functions - want to update it to 2.3
This is the really the right place to go
Thanks for you guys efforts to keep this old tablet alive.

value99

Jul 26, 2012
A quick question - should I update the New Firmware 4626 before I install the Gingerbread (2.3) or after?
thanks in advance

value99

Jul 26, 2012
installed and applied 5.1 and 6.0, looks good,
crashed several times, have to research to find out fix

value99

Jul 26, 2012
no good, need some help, the logo keeps cycling, unable to unlock.
restart. reset doesn't help, can't pass the Cyanogen (mod) 7 logo
now the thing can not even be turned off, the logo keeps replaying itself!:confused:

Do I need to root it first?

"it back. Get a sd with stock image, hold volume up button, reset, select download mode, flash."

Last edited:

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
vlue99 - no need to root the tablet before installing CM7.

It can be done from any stock firmware, with default user privileges. Just follow the detailed install guide in the other thread.

Seems you got stuck on a boot loop. Easiest way to fix it would be to do a factory firmware install - hold down 'volume down' button, press power on, have the stock firmware on the SD card and install it.

Will wipe out all of CM7; if you want to install it afterwards, follow the guide from scratch; do not forget to wipe user data, cache and dalvik cache as mentioned in the guide.