Zeam Launcher and Rooted NC ver 1.1.0 (using Autonooter)

gsutton

Feb 2, 2011
+1 Rooted 1.2 doesn't provide any advantage over CM7 now that the Nook app handles magazines and newspapers.

What about the "Read To Me" feature? Is this still available with the Nook app from the market?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Ha Ha Ha Speak English JP!!

I understand the individual words, it's just when you put them together I get lost!

Jill, I was just saying that both rooted B&N version 1.2 and CM7 are good choices for ROMs. CM7 has a few neat tricks that the rooted B&N software doesn't have. I also was just trying to make it clear that no matter what you put on you Nook it is not too difficult to put back to stock if you need to.

JP,
I agree. Ultimately comes down to personal preference and what you feel comfortable with. I tried the CM7 on a SD card thing and I didn't care for it whereas I feel very comfortable with the ManualNoot. For now, I don't need any more than the "Noot" can provide. Maybe someday I'll want to do more, but right now I'm where I want to be. (This is my first Android device of any kind and it's less than two weeks old, so I'm still learning to walk before I start to run.)

Totally agree. I am going to be trying out the 1.2 soon also and really had time to enjoy my standard 1.0.1 rooted Nook. As tempted as I am to put CM7 internally it is easier to leave it on an SD card so I can boot back into a rooted Nook so that I can help others having issues :)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
What about the "Read To Me" feature? Is this still available with the Nook app from the market?

Haven't tried it yet but I believe that feature is missing :( Not so good if you need it, but that is why we have bootable ROMs to use when you don't:)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
JP
Thanks to yourself and others like you, I haven't been afraid to try doing some of the stuff I read about. So far, the hardest part has been getting the SD cards in and out of that goofy slot in the corner of the Nook. :)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
JP
Thanks to yourself and others like you, I haven't been afraid to try doing some of the stuff I read about. So far, the hardest part has been getting the SD cards in and out of that goofy slot in the corner of the Nook. :)

Glad to help. Yes I still fiddle with that issue too.

Don't forget to use the Thanks button <---- over there for those that help you ;)

:)