zenethink zt-180. 1ghz 10inch screen

cnmsales

Jul 22, 2010
Ok so this doesn't have a capactive screen. So I'm guessing this wouldn't be that great without a capactive screen?

sword_009

Sep 13, 2010
i see 2 zenethink zt-180 1ghz 10inch and they are difference 2 led (green and blue next home button)
what are they difference between blue led and green led of apad 10 inch ?
$1_2010071001271446sf6.jpg$MERI0512-2.jpg

ecmethven

Sep 15, 2010
hi I am new here but just got a 10.2 zenithink in the mail today.
I have looked at the pictures you linked and the green led you mention is the dot on the letter " i " of the sellers name.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I think they are still the same ODM. The Apad has a bunch of different ODMs and is more of a messy situation. There have been revisions made on the ZT180 boards. I'm not sure to what extent.

k4kai

Jun 28, 2010
I, like a dimwitted fool, bought one on eBay a couple of weeks ago. The seller listed it as being sold and shipped from New York City, so I bought it for about $250 delivered. I had no eBay confirmation on the purchase like I usually get right after the purchase, but did get immediate PayPal confirmation when I made payment.

Two days later, I got an express UPS Shipment notice, originating from China. Two days later, it arrived, no customs duties to pay. It was securely packaged, the customs form declared the package to contain an electronic picture frame valued at US$22.00.

I unpacked it, plugged in the charger and proceeded to turn it on. After a few seconds, the initial screen appeared. The first thing I did was select SETTINGS. The resistive touch screen was very difficult to use. A light touch had no effect, a hard tap was usually unresponsive but a slight drag would occasionally work. I went into the LOCALE settings to be sure it was set to the United States. While selecting the COUNTRY, it, all by itself, selected DENMARK. At this point, the entire iPad took on a mind of its own and ended up not responding to anything. I did multiple system resets, but it was fruitless. I trashed it because even if they fixed it, it wouldn't be worth the cost of shipping it back to China. This Zenithink 180 is a P.O.S.

Based on my experience, I WOULD NEVER buy something like this unless it was from a local (in the USA) business that can demonstrate a willingness to stand behind their product. I now have an Apple iPad with 16GB of memory that only supports WiFi and I really like and enjoy it.

Sam in Culpeper, VA
U.S. Navy - Retired

Kevx

Aug 12, 2010
Um, you "trashed" it? Lol. The zt-180s might not be for the inexperienced, but they have been quite good for those who like to tinker with them. Good luck with that ipad.

I, like a dimwitted fool, bought one on eBay a couple of weeks ago. The seller listed it as being sold and shipped from New York City, so I bought it for about $250 delivered. I had no eBay confirmation on the purchase like I usually get right after the purchase, but did get immediate PayPal confirmation when I made payment.

Two days later, I got an express UPS Shipment notice, originating from China. Two days later, it arrived, no customs duties to pay. It was securely packaged, the customs form declared the package to contain an electronic picture frame valued at US$22.00.

I unpacked it, plugged in the charger and proceeded to turn it on. After a few seconds, the initial screen appeared. The first thing I did was select SETTINGS. The resistive touch screen was very difficult to use. A light touch had no effect, a hard tap was usually unresponsive but a slight drag would occasionally work. I went into the LOCALE settings to be sure it was set to the United States. While selecting the COUNTRY, it, all by itself, selected DENMARK. At this point, the entire iPad took on a mind of its own and ended up not responding to anything. I did multiple system resets, but it was fruitless. I trashed it because even if they fixed it, it wouldn't be worth the cost of shipping it back to China. This Zenithink 180 is a P.O.S.

Based on my experience, I WOULD NEVER buy something like this unless it was from a local (in the USA) business that can demonstrate a willingness to stand behind their product. I now have an Apple iPad with 16GB of memory that only supports WiFi and I really like and enjoy it.

Sam in Culpeper, VA
U.S. Navy - Retired

UrsusSolaris

Sep 11, 2010
Sam, First, there is a distributor for the ZT180 here in the US. Second, when you are buying on eBay, you should have known the country of origin. That is what eBay Buyer Protection is all about. Third, the ZT-180 is a tech-lovers dream! I truly enjoy that I have the opportunity to delve into how the device works, and tinker. To me, that is the fun part of having one. I understand your frustration, but it doesn't make the ZT-180 a POS.

BTW Navy, Semper Fi ;o)