Zenithink ZT180 10" Android 2.1 Tablet now available in US for $285

wuyanks

Jul 23, 2010
2my5hjn.jpg

Important Update: We have just discovered that this product does not have an A8 CPU, so don't buy based on that. Please see this thread for additional discussion about this topic: ZeniThink ZT-180 Specifications Faking, Not ARMv7 A8-Cortex!

FlatComputing, an American company based in Texas, just announced a 10" Android 2.1 tablet ready for the US market, dubbed the FlatPad A10. Actually, FlatComputing had been shipping the first revision of the A10 since July 27th. The FlatPad is currently stocked in the United States, and is available for $285 USD. A bit more expensive than the Augen GenTouch, but when you read the specs you will see why (Append: the high pricing is not indicative of the hardware specifications, as there are multiple reports stating that the product is actually retailing for $150USD in China. A fair price would be $200 shipped (It costs around $50 USD to ship to the US).

If you are interested in one, Enso's rebranding is more reasonable: zenPad 4 10.2" inches with Android 2.1 and WiFi

The Android 2.1 build is still beta and not officially released by Zenithink yet. It is guaranteed to be buggy.

Specifications

• ARM Cortex-A8 Processor 1GHz+ ARM11 clocked to 1GHz
  • 2GB Flash Memory
  • 256MB RAM
  • microSD memory card slot up to 32GB
  • 10.2” TFT ,1024×600 RESISTIVE Touchscreen Display
  • WiFi support
  • Accelerometer
  • 1-USB 2.0 Host port and 1-USB 2.0 OTG port
  • 2400 mAh battery (5-7 hours battery life)
  • Built in stereo speakers 1Wx2
  • 1080p video playback support
  • Google Maps
  • and of course an Android 2.1 operating System
FlatComputing also promises that the device will be upgradeable to Android 2.2 "sometime" in August. These specs look fantastic, when compared to the Augen GenTouch. The build quality also looks much improved, as the device seems to be more metallic than "plasticky." The only downside is that pesky resistive display. But for $285, this sounds like a bargain. And for better or worse, the device looks exactly like an iPad.

Shanzai is reporting that the FlatPad A10 is a re-branded Zenithink ZT-180 tablet. The main difference between the two: the FlatPad is available for purchase in the US today. Check out a hands-on video with the Zenithink tablet (via Shanzai):

Here is the FlatPad A10's boxing:

33kbwat.jpg

And a view from the side...

ev88pj.jpg

via Liliputing

Append as of Aug 2:
FlatComputing is rebranding the products, which are known as the Zenithink ZT180 in China. The actual manufacturer's webpage does not actually say CPU is A8 Cortex.

There has been rampant talk about this tablet for months in China. It currently retails for 1050 RMB (Yuan), which is equivalent to about $150 USD.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joeyspindler

Jul 30, 2010
I just ordered mine. said i was order no.63.. i hope that means that i get one of the first 200 they are getting in next week. we will see:)

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
I've heard some not so great things about the Enso, anyone here have one?

dandroid

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
This tablet has some great specs, but I think the resistive touchscreen would keep me from buying it.

bigscot

Jul 31, 2010
I just ordered one and it looks like i am 73. It also looks like the update with the market place is coming in and around the 6 th of August. Hopefully this does what non-existent Augen Tablet was going to be used for.

Here is a comparison video with the ipad and Zenithink tablet (via Shanzai):

Last edited by a moderator:

mach330

Aug 1, 2010
resistive touchscreen is a turn off for me. i can't work with that. i would pay more for capacitive.

wuyanks

Jul 23, 2010
thanks for updating the OP, xaueious... sad that they lied about the specs.