6/4/2011 - Still no update

berg97

Jun 5, 2011
How aggravating this is! I purchased one for my wife on Tuesday, and it immediately updated to 1.141.04 as soon as it was set up on our wifi. I liked hers so much, I went on Thursday to get one of my own, and mine won't update. Update check still says it is up to date. And support is no help, telling me that I have the latest version available for my device 1.104.02.

achebee4you

Jun 4, 2011
Mine says the same thing I got it yesterday is yours the 32gig version no worries I don't have any issues. Now if others start getting 3.1 in the US and it still says my unit is up to date this bad boy is going back to Costco boy I love y 90 day remorse period hopefully 3.1 will be on mine by then.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

berg97

Jun 5, 2011
I just got off the phone with Acer's level 2 support. They checked with their engineers, who said they have halted the 1.141.07 update, and that I will have to wait until the end of June when the Honeycomb 3.1 update is released.

So, those of us who didn't get the update who have wifi issues, no Exchange functionality, etc. will have to wait a few weeks more.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I just got off the phone with Acer's level 2 support. They checked with their engineers, who said they have halted the 1.141.07 update, and that I will have to wait until the end of June when the Honeycomb 3.1 update is released.

Any clue on why they halted it? Was it defective? or just soon to be obsolete?
And where do you even get a phone number for acer support?

berg97

Jun 5, 2011
Any clue on why they halted it? Was it defective? or just soon to be obsolete?
And where do you even get a phone number for acer support?

No idea why they halted it. As for the number...I originally used their support chat feature, and when they couldn't help me, they escalated to level 2 and gave me the support toll-free number. However, you need to have a case number when calling.