7022 Help (Can't restore)

ciderking

Dec 11, 2011
So sadly it looks like I've bricked my first Android device.....

Got a 7022 for cheap on sale and rooted it no problem. Did some more digging and I saw a custom ROM for the tablet so I gave it a try. Spent a while trying to fix the various bugs but gave up and wanted to restore the backup I made. Now I can't get the backup files to register and the tablet freezes on OS load. (It will make it to both recovery and bootloader)

I have dumped_recovery.img and dumped_proc_mtd.txt on the SD card, should they be somewhere else? Also have any custom ROMs been confirmed to actually work with these tablet? The one I tested was Cyanogenmod 7, but couldn't find anything else.

Thanks,
CK

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hi ciderking,

Welcome to the board, glad you could join us, good luck with the reversion back to the stock ROM. Hope it goes smoothly for you. :)

ciderking

Dec 11, 2011
I have the stock ROM and my first backup, but can't seem to load them. Can anyone tell me the process? (Seems to be different from the phones I've worked with in the past.)

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Assuming you installed clockworkmod 5 becuase you mentioned CM7 then just go into clockworkmod and hit restore then choose trickbikers restore file

ciderking

Dec 11, 2011
Where do I put the restore file? I see various suggestions all over this forum. Do I run CWM from recovery or CM7 to restore?

*edited for spelling.

Last edited:

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011
CWM (ClockWork Mod) is a custom recovery, assuming you installed it just go into recovery normally and load the restore file.

ciderking

Dec 11, 2011
Tells me nothing found. If I extract the recovery.zip into the CWM backup directory I can see it, but when I try to backup the "no MD5 file found" error appears. Honestly I think it's something simple that I'm missing. Where should the recovery.zip be placed? What is the exact sequence I should undertake in CWM?

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Tells me nothing found. If I extract the recovery.zip into the CWM backup directory I can see it, but when I try to backup the "no MD5 file found" error appears. Honestly I think it's something simple that I'm missing. Where should the recovery.zip be placed? What is the exact sequence I should undertake in CWM?

Not sure where you are getting this "recovery.zip" file from. Download trickbikers file linked the download will be called "Stock Kyros 7022 OS Backup.zip". Extract said folder and you will see within a folder called clockworkmod. Copy that entire folder and its contents to the root of your microsd card. HOWEVER it can really be copied anywhere on the sd card it really does not matter.

Now boot into clockworkmod and choose the backup/restore option. Choose RESTORE. Navigate to the clockworkmod folder and choose to restore "2011-09-24.13.40.01"

CM7 (cynogenmod) is no way involved in any of this so I am not sure why you mention it?

goten992

Feb 6, 2012
that zipfile has been deleted...can sum1 plz hlp me??? i have a mid7022 cwm v 4.0.1.5. rooted...flashed bad rom and cant get pass Coby boot screen. using adb only reboots the tablet.. i need stock recovery badd!!!please help!!!!! [email protected]

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011

Atlantis86

Mar 3, 2012
After rooting my Kyros I realised, that I forgot about preparing backup of stock rom under CWM.
I tried to restore it into "factory" state using file linked above, but it didn't work out. System is booting up, showing unlock screen and there first problem cames - touchscreen doesn't respond. I can unlock device if i suspend and wake it up using "power" buttin - then touch screen comes back to life. Unfortunatelly it is not possible to do much under system - after much/less 30 seconds Device powers off itfself. What can be wrong?
So, I restored my own backup (with root).

My system details:
Model number: MID7022
Android version: 2.3.3
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7
Build number: MID7022 20111111

Someone have the same version and can make a copy?

lcs_71

Mar 21, 2012
My system details:
Build number: MID7022 20120106

I have a brand new Kyros, just out of the box today.
Unfortunately, I failed to make a backup of the restore partition.
I have tried numerous restore images and the tablet does not load the restore menu.
If you can get me the original / custom restore, I will be able to make a system partition backup.

After rooting my Kyros I realised, that I forgot about preparing backup of stock rom under CWM.
I tried to restore it into "factory" state using file linked above, but it didn't work out. System is booting up, showing unlock screen and there first problem cames - touchscreen doesn't respond. I can unlock device if i suspend and wake it up using "power" buttin - then touch screen comes back to life. Unfortunatelly it is not possible to do much under system - after much/less 30 seconds Device powers off itfself. What can be wrong?
So, I restored my own backup (with root).

My system details:
Build number: MID7022 20111111

Someone have the same version and can make a copy?