Ainol Novo 7 Tornados Firmware Update Step by Step Tutorial.

dinoel

May 29, 2012
I have found interesting FAQ for Ainol Tornados.
Here is the link (translated to English with Google translate): http://translate.google.com/transla...s.ainol.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3035

It contains similar problem with SD card error, but I can't understand description of reason. It's look like problem is in unclosed read/write session. But I'm not sure. Maybe somebody can check description on Chinese and do proper translation to English?

skeerup

May 29, 2012
skeerup, Here is feiyu_mod firmware for Ainol Mars: http://pan.baidu.com/netdisk/singlepublic?fid=279123_3165304608

Btw, feiyu_mod firmware doesn't fix my problem with "freezes" on startup on Ainol Tornados.

Does it work the the Mars. Don't mean to hijack the thread, but there doesn't seem to be any for the Mars yet.
Do I just keep extracting the rar's to the root of the SD card and then just update as normal.

NVM. All is good. Updated and working a bit better.

One day later it's bricked. Boots up and doesn't respond to touch. When it shuts down won't respond with power button. Can still put in debug mode and install from sd, but it's basically bricked. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

altshop

Jun 1, 2012
Hi, Androidinabox.com
Very Grate news, for me may be ca help my problem

I would like to consult with you in my problem.
I have 2 Tornados tablet

I have a problem after install application from Play store or other market,
after shutdown Tablet, and Reboot again.
Tablet should be start up very long time and comm up on " Preparing SD card" to long.....
wait around 10-15 Min then can use Tablet, or sometime tablet automatically restart.

In this what is problem SD Card or original Firmware ??
If I use your firmware can solve or not ??

Could you please checked and advice me.

I did register to answer your question LOL.

First of all, you have to get into factory test mode then connect your tab with pc.

It will ask you to turn on storage mode. Turn it on. After that format the sdcard inside your tablet.

Reboot and that's it. It works for me :).

Last edited by a moderator:

altshop

Jun 1, 2012
And this's my question. How to update the firmware. I followed every step, but it just stuck after the logo screen disappeared.

I tried every firmware, yet I got the same result. Are there anyone who cant upgrade the firmware like me? And i try one two tornado. Still, i cant upgrade both of them.

Sopper

May 23, 2012
hi altshop,

1 of my devices had the same problem.
would not take any firmware, just stuck at ainol logo or the android logo, not responding afterwards.
i just send it back, it gets replaced for a new device.
apparently something wrong with it.

Jun 8, 2011
hi altshop,

1 of my devices had the same problem.
would not take any firmware, just stuck at ainol logo or the android logo, not responding afterwards.
i just send it back, it gets replaced for a new device.
apparently something wrong with it.
Hi ,
Same my problem.
Someone please help us
And also maybe someone how to factory reset option Could you please help me.

Regard

Mcilroy10

Jun 4, 2012
Whats going on with this tablet??? Constant freezing, takes forever to fully charge! I NEED HELP SOMEONE PLEASE(Ainol Tornados)

skeerup

May 29, 2012

This is what is happening to my tablet

Same thing happening with the Mars. If I shut it down and leave it for half hour or hour and reboot, it starts up and works for a bit. I've seen a Google error come up right before it freezes. Bad firmware all around. The tablet itself is of fairly decent quality, but what runs it is crap. They seriously need to address these problems. Where I purchased from told me to send it back. Unfortunatelly it will prob work when it gets there and I would have to pay double shipping to get it to China and get it back here.
Ah well,live and learn. Big box store for me from now on

Last edited by a moderator:

angelite14

Jun 5, 2012
Greetings.. May I ask what was the use of the folder named "Patch.zip" when I downloaded the 0518 firmware? Please respond

skeerup

May 29, 2012
Greetings.. May I ask what was the use of the folder named "Patch.zip" when I downloaded the 0518 firmware? Please respond

Fom what I can tell the patch is to make the tablet appear in google play as a samsung 9100 s2 phone. Not 100% on that though.