Best browser on the Vtab

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
Did a search thru forum not much there I did see one short thread. I tried opera but it seemed cluncky but I liked it could see the external sd card for downloads something the vtabs browser does not. Is there a clean/fast browser that can choose the external sd card for downloads?

Thanks Jim

Sorry if I missed a more detailed post.

Last edited:

Woodbushes

Oct 27, 2011
Skyfire or dolphin browser might do you some justice try one of them... Both are decent

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
Opera IS chunky!
So far dolphin seems to work the best, though I'm open to find a better one at any time.

Last edited:

WVUTampaAlum

Oct 6, 2011
I like dolphin mini and regular dolphin. Hate opera with the huge nav buttons taking up quarter of screen. How about some small buttons.

Sent using tapatalk on 7020.

faithalone

Oct 1, 2011
+ 1 for dolphin hd - i even use the Xmarks plug in to keep my desktops bookmarks synced

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
What the heck are you talking about?
Looks like SPAM to me.
Then perhaps not quoting it would be wise?

I reported it earlier. Looks like the site took action, as, other than the part you quoted, it's gone.

Jim

fadefx

Nov 27, 2011
As dolphin HD was found to be acting malicious (privacy concerns), i tested a lot of browsers, boat browser is the first browser i kkeept more than 5 min on my devices, an istart to like it,it is a little different in terms of usage, but has a usable interface and is fast and feature rich.

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
Thanks guys so far i've been trying them out. I can't seem to get used to any of them but I chalk that with my inexperience with android. I will give boat a look many thanks all. Oh in another thread I saw about es file explorer very nice program it let me move several downloaded files to my sd card and delete some left over junk from programs I deleted.

Great forum for an android newbie Jim!

xphyle

Aug 27, 2010
As dolphin HD was found to be acting malicious (privacy concerns), i tested a lot of browsers, boat browser is the first browser i kkeept more than 5 min on my devices, an istart to like it,it is a little different in terms of usage, but has a usable interface and is fast and feature rich.

100% AGREE. BOAT browser is amazing. I also have Dolphin HD installed, but BOAT is my go-to browser on my Vtab and my SGSII.

X

GringoDog

Oct 28, 2011
I'm loving the Dolphin browser - especially the self made gesture function. I wasn't happy with any of the email apps, so I'm using the Dolphin landing screen and made gestures for my yahoo and gmail accounts.

Way better than the stock browser and email apps. Is there any way to get rid of those to free up some memory?