Best Browser?

edap

Dec 12, 2012
I use desktop more than I use a tablet, my favorite browser is Iceweasel, I have used it for a very long time never had a problem with Iceweasel, on tabbet's I use Chrome, Opera, default browser mostly Chrome.

Interesting choice of browser for your desktop. I used to use the mainline Firefox browser back in the day. When Mozilla took the 'rebranding route', I experimented with IceCat because of the additional security features. Now, I use Chrome, whenever I can, just to be consistent with my use of Chrome on my tablet.

Sammmmmy

May 9, 2013
UC browser is widely used in smart phone. It should be suitalbe to the tablets. You can download it and try.

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
UC browser is widely used in smart phone. It should be suitalbe to the tablets. You can download it and try.

Already tried and tested. But still the default browser and Chrome for tablet still better.

The UCBrowser is ONLY just right for the Smartphones.

Just my two cents.

Sent from my A500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
Way back, Slimbrowser was mentioned, I installed it and organised it to my requirements (similar layout to chrome), but after much searcing and experimenting, I couldn't access the route to Picasa as shown in the video tours for Slimbrowser. I was looking for the chance to try the frames. Not only that, with 7 created folders all buff, I wanted to replace them with incons and couldn't do that either. If I elected for short titles, it meant all the other favicons had this as well, pushing the whole lot off the page. So, I dumped it.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
So, you binned it, eh. Well, thanks for sharing the exercise with us.
By the way, keep an eye out for the Android version of RockMelt. I used it on my desktop, sometimes. However, as of last month, it's been discontinued and isn't supported on the PC or Mac due to work on mobile releases.
Cheers.
Ed

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
So, you binned it, eh. Well, thanks for sharing the exercise with us.
By the way, keep an eye out for the Android version of RockMelt. I used it on my desktop, sometimes. However, as of last month, it's been discontinued and isn't supported on the PC or Mac due to work on mobile releases.
Cheers.
Ed

Hi, what is rockmelt? tell me more and I will keep an eye open.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Rockmelt got started in 2009. It's aim was to make exploring the web faster and more fun. Rockmelters believe that the only activity people do more than browse the Web is sleep. They feel that navigating the Web should be mobile, visual, social and personalized. If you like Chrome, you'll love Rockmelt. Incidentally, Rockmelt is based on Chromium. It's full browser was end-of-the-lined last month so as to focus entirely on mobile and tablet applications. Currently, an Apple App is available and the Android version is pending. I follow them patiently on Twitter.

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
I would like to prefer Mozilla firefox as this is my favorite browser among all.

Hi, if you would like to try it why not?.

There used to be a comedian in the UK who frequently said " I'll try anything once, twice if I like it".