the best web browser for this tablet?

schagox

May 2, 2011
good as the title says I would like to know what is the best web browser for the tablet :)

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
I honestly don't really use any other browser than the stock browser, however; I have tried some others and found two that have some pretty cool features were the Opera Mini browser and the Dolphin browser.

It all really comes down to what you like but you might find some more variety in one of those two.

Sent from my Honeycomb V10.0 - B15L using Android Tablet Forums,

Sketch J. O'Brien
Jacksonville, FL

schagox

May 2, 2011
I honestly don't really use any other browser than the stock browser, however; I have tried some others and found two that have some pretty cool features were the Opera Mini browser and the Dolphin browser.

It all really comes down to what you like but you might find some more variety in one of those two.

Sent from my Honeycomb V10.0 - B15L using Android Tablet Forums,

Sketch J. O'Brien
Jacksonville, FL

I also used opera mini, opera mobile but it's better;) that if the opera mobile 6.0 is stuck with me the tablet :( why is that?

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
You could try skyfire, It has a flash movie player built in.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I run IIS 7 - 64-bit Web Server only the stock and Dolphin HD can find it..

229205_10150180629922949_579882948_7058778_2487972_n.jpg

HCV11.0-B16MP includes the above Browser .. All my desktops, workstations, laptops, netbooks and tablets see the above.

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
We use Opera to upload attachments to emails. (AndFtp for ftp though)
We use Dolphin for the rest because we like the user interface.

Scorpius

Apr 19, 2011
Dolphin HD is way too heavy so it's kind of slow if you don't need all the features. Use Dolphin Mini instead if you just want the gestures.

But of all I've tried I think the best is Miren Browser. Miren has a real cache implementation. If you click "Back" you get your page immediately in nanoseconds. Every other browser when you hit "Back" it seems the page is reloaded again. I really hate that.

You all guys should give Miren a try. I think it's pretty fast and has an excellent renderer.

Apr 28, 2011
I do not like skyfire. It is way to slow on my tablet. I use the stock one with adobe flash player 10.1 off of tipstir's package, and it works great

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Skyfire is to heavy and doesn't see my web server. DHD is fast under my latest ROM.

lcmartin

Mar 22, 2011
Hi, I would propose something different, Maxthon, this is a browser I'm using in my pc's and laptop's for many years.
It saves your favorites in the cloud, so you have it available no matter where you are.
I just found they have created an android version a couple days ago once updating my desktop browser.

Additionally it is really fast.

Apr 28, 2011
I just downloaded Dolphin Browser Hd and i love it! What i like most is when u load a webpage, it shows u the full screen in portrait mode, and then u have to zoom to see everything else closer. I hate when other browsers dont do that. I like to see the whole screen, then zoom where needed, not scroll then zoom. Mayb thats just my opinion, but thats what i like and im going to stay with it. And another thing i like is that the tabs are right at the top of the page and u dont have to go to another page to see them.

Last edited: