Bluepanther Thunder 7" Marvell Tablet with GPS, Android 2.2

copterguy

Feb 17, 2011
I downloaded the firmware, but can't figure out how to flash it. Put all on a usb stick and reboot?

lgstoian

Dec 14, 2010
No put it on an sd card then hold volume down (not up) plus power.
A blue screen with a bard should apear if it turns green wait for it. If its red try another sd and make sure its fat 32.

guru

Feb 26, 2011
Hi again.
I managed to download the latest firmware, and i flashed my tab with it. Now however im experiencing some serious problems with the camera..
Whenever i open up an app that uses it, it crashes the whole sys. I got to shut it down holding the pbutton.
Before that, i was using a 18.01.2011 compiled firmware. It is not downloadable, as i have not found such anywhere. I ordered my tab from china, it has everything from the various versions you guys have, i mean gps,bt,wifi, etc.
The previous system was working v.nice, i could make photos, watch videos, track my location via gps (lol) an so on, the only nasty thing that really annoyed my was the V-button BUG.
Anyway, id be gratefull for any advices on how to solve the problem.

PS. I have already tested all your roms available and i have to say, that the problem occurs on each version! Thats freaking mad!;(
I also did the deeper digging and replaced the two files imo responsible for the camera hw, /system/bin/CameraApp.??? and /system/app/Camera.apk ofc..
Whats more interesting, when i delete these two files, and also the last remains of the camera i have found (data/data/com.android.camera/***), the application management still sees a Camera service, thou it says it has 0kb, file version 2.2.1 or so.
Lol, i checked now, after the last flash to the newest update and found out that there are 2 services, both Cameras... Each version 1.
I also did the cuthulu mod, thou modified it to my own likening.
It really pisses me off, the whole camera thing..
ANY help will be welcome..
:p

guru

Feb 26, 2011
Also, i post below my build.prop config, it really speeds things up a little..

dalvik.vm.heapsize=40m
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=90
ro.sf.lcd_density=160
ro.telephony.default_network=0
ro.ril.def.agps.mode=1
ro.ril.def.agps.feature=1
ro.ril.enable.amr.wideband=1
ro.phone_storage=0
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=60

guru

Feb 26, 2011
Damn, i just have to mention it too... xD
I noticed, that after the newest flash update, my system performance in linpack has dropped from 5.1 to 3.1 MFlops!!! wtheck?!
Anyone noticed it 2? Any solution to that?
Hah, the funny thing is, that now, with the minor mods, the system is really FAST! Faster than before, fluent animations, faster loads etc.
lol..
xD
So, why the lower score..?

copterguy

Feb 17, 2011
build.prop config? Can you elaborate on that, I'm a noob, and would love to better the system speed. =0 )

guru

Feb 26, 2011
xaueious: hmm.. got disabled? why would it? The prop gets initialized every system boot, and it was edited properly just up from the beginning.
Well, me2. I just kill all apps with the built in taskmanager. It does not change anything. The pad got the lower score just after that flashing thing. Its the build, somehow it has altered the way in which linpack measures the performance. but thats just my opinion.. i mean, who loses 2MFlops just like that? ?!?!

copterguy: read this topic from the beginning, you need to adb pull the file from /system/ on your tab, modify it by writing those lines i posted before to the end of the document, save it, and then push it again on its place. you need android sdk tools to do that, or if you want just to change this, sufficient enough would be to download the cuthulu image, unpack it to Desktop or so, launch a console window in it, and just use the proper commands. But you still gonna need the usb driver, otherwise your system wont recognize your gadget.

guru

Feb 26, 2011
lgstoian wrote bout how to modify your build.prop on the third site. When you got it, open it with notepad, add my lines to the end, save, and upload again.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Linpack of 3 is about the performance of a 800MHz ARM9 with 256MB RAM without JIT enabled. Just a wild guess. I could have been wrong. If you modified your build.prop, you should be okay though. Linpack isn't very accurate at times.

By the way, I opened up this dedicated section so you guys can start threads now. Let me know if you want things separated into a new thread, or of someone wants to take care of this usbforum.

lgstoian

Dec 14, 2010
It seems that jit wont start even if you modify the build.prop. We need probabaly some new libraries.

Thanks for the new section.

Pasqui

Mar 4, 2011
Just joned. Great post.
Just upgraded my GM10 device to the latest firmware posted on the thread.
I got one question. Why I can't sync my google calendar? In my google account sync option I got only gmail and contacts. In internet, somewhere, I found that adding another gmail account should fix it but nothing changed. Any idea?

thanks

lgstoian

Dec 14, 2010
Angry birds wont play cuz of the lack of gpu.
The curent firmware on our tabs doesn't suport the calendar even if you try installing the apk. I'll be looking more into it.

copterguy

Feb 17, 2011
I just realized I could not tether from my Verizon Fascinate phone, since it puts of wifi N signal, and this does not support N, only b/g. I didn't realize the phone worked off of the N. standard. =0 ( Not that it's a bad thing.just can't use my phone. =0 \