Bricked Nook with no way to fix?

imaninja23

Feb 21, 2011
You need to go here: and follow these instructions: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...e-bootable-clockwork-sd-card-0-1-cm7-rom.html

This is to create a ext4 Bootable SD to install CM7. Try this just to see if your NC will recognize and boot from it.

ok. im prepared to try this and see if it'll work...but for once, im actually checking the md5 sums and after about 20 download attempts, i get the wrong md5 sum every time...so before i go ahead and do more stuff...what's going on? thanks a lot in advance

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
ok. im prepared to try this and see if it'll work...but for once, im actually checking the md5 sums and after about 20 download attempts, i get the wrong md5 sum every time...so before i go ahead and do more stuff...what's going on? thanks a lot in advance

You're getting a bad download. Try one of the mirrors and if you are using a torrent link, try a different one. Which file are you trying to get?

imaninja23

Feb 21, 2011
You're getting a bad download. Try one of the mirrors and if you are using a torrent link, try a different one. Which file are you trying to get?

im trying for the 8gb_clockwork-0.1-ext4.img file. ive also tried for the 1gb. ive tried all the mirrors already and i get the same md5 sum each time. i have no idea why

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
im trying for the 8gb_clockwork-0.1-ext4.img file. ive also tried for the 1gb. ive tried all the mirrors already and i get the same md5 sum each time. i have no idea why

Try the 4gb image, I have read that some folks have trouble when the img file is the same size as their card. I didn't have any problems, but I only had a 4gb card to use. Here's a direct link to my copy: 4gb_bootable_CWR-ext4

MD5 for that one is: 71ba12fc908c6bcc643aec6e9359b9f1

imaninja23

Feb 21, 2011
Try the 4gb image, I have read that some folks have trouble when the img file is the same size as their card. I didn't have any problems, but I only had a 4gb card to use. Here's a direct link to my copy: 4gb_bootable_CWR-ext4

MD5 for that one is: 71ba12fc908c6bcc643aec6e9359b9f1

i also got an incorrect md5 sum from that one which im starting to think is my problem.........

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
i got it to boot into CWR and im gonna flash the 1.1.1 stock rom

If you are using cwr 3.0.0.6 that is ext 4. You can't use that to flash stock rom. I can't give the link now but you need to tale extra steps when on ext 4 search before trying to flash 1.1

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
i got it to boot into CWR and im gonna flash the 1.1.1 stock rom

If you are using cwr 3.0.0.6 that is ext 4. You can't use that to flash stock rom. I can't give the link now but you need to tale extra steps when on ext 4 search before trying to flash 1.1

First off, congrats on getting it to boot. That solves the first question of just how broken your nook is. It means that its not so broken we can't fix it.

However, WHAT HE SAID, with my ext4 SD card image, you can not flash the 1.0.1 recovery. You can only flash a CM7 or phiremod v3 rom right now. You SHOULD however, be able to add the restore_boot_partition.zip file and flash that which I think will fix your primary issue. Fix that boot partition, remove the sd, and you should be able to get an 8 times restore process going.

imaninja23

Feb 21, 2011
First off, congrats on getting it to boot. That solves the first question of just how broken your nook is. It means that its not so broken we can't fix it.

However, WHAT HE SAID, with my ext4 SD card image, you can not flash the 1.0.1 recovery. You can only flash a CM7 or phiremod v3 rom right now. You SHOULD however, be able to add the restore_boot_partition.zip file and flash that which I think will fix your primary issue. Fix that boot partition, remove the sd, and you should be able to get an 8 times restore process going.

I did exactly this, and it worked! After I got CWR working, i used the boot partition fixer and installed a clean 1.0.1. That got stuck at the grey, "n" screen, so i did an 8 times factory reset and its back clean and autonooted again and for now, im gonna keep it that way. So incredibly greatful for all the help i got today. You guys are great, and saved me a whole lot of money and trouble.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I did exactly this, and it worked! After I got CWR working, i used the boot partition fixer and installed a clean 1.0.1. That got stuck at the grey, "n" screen, so i did an 8 times factory reset and its back clean and autonooted again and for now, im gonna keep it that way. So incredibly greatful for all the help i got today. You guys are great, and saved me a whole lot of money and trouble.

Awesome! Welcome back to normal. :)

ibm650

Feb 28, 2011
By any chance do you have ATT dsl, one of my friends cannot get a large download or upload to work?