[CFW] Kyros 1024 CFW - Evolution 3.1.1

dutorito

Sep 19, 2011
Guys, tnx to lfom touch screen drivers from his rom, i made a port from steev's port...

This is an prox32's Evo 3.1.1 based ROM, actually im working in porting cyanogenmod 7.1 for kyros1024... will post further upgrades soon.

Features found so far:

- Android gingerbread version 2.3.3
- Stock root
- Fixed the bug that randomly turns the screen off, without the need of turning wifi on all time.
- Battery calibrator, with stock root an battery calibrator my tablet got a 200% boost in uptime...
- Stock Titanium backup (never miss your files again)
- Soft buttons at top bar
- Updated Market. (device's fingerprint changed, so now theres no more compatibility issues on that)
- Skype video chat (awesome)
- Supports bluetooth, hdmi, gps, 3g, usb eth and usb joystick. (need tests)

Im using it and had no problem till now... Make your own tests and post feedback.

REMEMBER, THIS ROM WAS TESTED ON A COBY KYROS MID1024 DEVICE WITH 1024N MOTHERBOARD. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR TABLET.

Update at your own risk.

Quick edit, fixed that issue when you press the home button the tablet backs to the last screen instead of going to home screen...

now, the link: http://www.4shared.com/file/a3YWZXtq/kyros_1024_evo_3_1_1_V2.html

Ty all who installed this rom and posted the feedback here

Last edited:

arena

Jul 8, 2011
Downloaded from your link...when I tried to extract the zip file, got the message "bad zip file".

Sent from my MID1024 using Android Tablet Forum

arena

Jul 8, 2011
I got the download, extracted it to the "Lost" file on the internal sdcard. When I hit "home/on" it finds the Coby 1024 firmware update, not your ROM. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

dutorito

Sep 19, 2011
you need to extract all files to the main folder of the sd card, not to LOST folder, extract all to the main folder

arena

Jul 8, 2011
I extracted to the main folder, pressed "home/on"...it started to update to 2.3 then "update failed" now nothing...is this what "bricked" is? Can I get it back?

dutorito

Sep 19, 2011
no, lets do this again...

backup all your files into your pc
format your SD card on your pc, using a usb card reader
after that open the zip file
extract all files to the clean sd card
after all this, with your tablet turned off, insert sd card
then you can turn it on with the home button (silver one) pressed.
wait a few minutes... when your device turn off, you can turn it on again and wait...
system will boot

arena

Jul 8, 2011
I'll get a usb card reader tomorrow & give it a try. When I try to turn it on now I get nothing...not even the Coby logo.

dutorito

Sep 19, 2011
dude, now that u talking this, im pretty sure your motherboard is the 1025, are you sure that your motherboard is the 1024n? can you make a detailed description of your error? when you press the power button the leds turn on but when u release your finger they turn off?

arena

Jul 8, 2011
I don't know which mb I have. When I press power, the led's turn on & when I release power, they turn off.

diotto

Sep 28, 2011
Hi, i'm interested in installing this rom but i dont know if my Kyros is 1024n or 1025, is there a way to discover this without opening the tablet? I tried with dmesg but got no clue.
Thanks

Sent from my MID1024 using Tapatalk

dutorito

Sep 19, 2011
some people say that the 1025 motherboard dont have 10 points of touch... so you can download a multi touch test at market, and see if you can have 10 points at your touch screen...

i cant confirm that, since i opened mine to know whats my mobo...

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Care to share your dmesg log (fresh one, just after booting)? I am conducting an investigation about this matter. Thanks. :)

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
is the 1025 MB the newer versions? reason I ask is i havent had my Kyros but since 10/5/2011. I have 10 points of touch.

dutorito

Sep 19, 2011
i really have no idea, have you ever installed any rom? the original from kyros site?