CM10 for Coby 8042

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
right now you have data and system mounted?

if so

then

rm -rf /data/*
rm -rf /system/*

busybox tar -xvf /sdcard/1jb8042_system.tar

flash correct boot.img

reboot

if not then

adb shell

mount -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system

mount -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 /data

rm -rf /data/*
rm -rf /system/*

busybox tar -xvf /sdcard/1jb8042_system.tar

flash correct boot.img

reboot

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
the commands I gave you will format them

rm -rf /data/*
rm -rf /system/*

these are format commands, just do as I posted.

208Byerly

Nov 28, 2012
So I did what you instructed and am at the screen below. Do I just go back to the main cw screen and reboot now or do I have to do something more? I have gotten to this point before and just rebooted, resulting in the issue of not booting to cm10 and just sitting on a black screen.
$new.JPG$new2.JPG

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
reboot and see what happens, wait a fews minutes then if screen still black

adb shell

logcat

208Byerly

Nov 28, 2012
I rebooted and that black "on" screen remains there and never boots. When I type in adb shell I get this error:

C:\Coby-Kyros-MID8042\Development\adt-bundle-windows\sdk\platform-tools>adb shel
l
error: device not found

C:\Coby-Kyros-MID8042\Development\adt-bundle-windows\sdk\platform-tools>

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I rebooted and that black "on" screen remains there and never boots. When I type in adb shell I get this error:

C:\Coby-Kyros-MID8042\Development\adt-bundle-windows\sdk\platform-tools>adb shel
l
error: device not found

C:\Coby-Kyros-MID8042\Development\adt-bundle-windows\sdk\platform-tools>

Ok format the partitions, before you push system your data and system can't be 100% use. That is your problem, I am unsure why you have 100% something isn't formating correctly when I get home I will see about making a installable zip.

208Byerly

Nov 28, 2012
I can partition and format my sdcard from within cw recovery correct? I had been using the partition wizard tool that you recommended for windows users. I really appreciate all of your help.

208Byerly

Nov 28, 2012
When partitioning in the partition wizard it gives me the option to modify the partition type ID. Currently both of my ext4 partitions are "0x83 Linux Native" should this be something different in order for it to work?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
When partitioning in the partition wizard it gives me the option to modify the partition type ID. Currently both of my ext4 partitions are "0x83 Linux Native" should this be something different in order for it to work?

That is correct should also be primary, I only use Linux partition tool, a windows user recommended that app, I have never used it.
But after format partitions should be empty not full like yours where.

Last edited:

208Byerly

Nov 28, 2012
In the partition tool the partitions show up empty, but then they show up full in adb. Do I need to wipe cache partition or dalvik cache before doing this? Just trying to eliminate anything that might be causing issues.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
In the partition tool the partitions show up empty, but then they show up full in adb. Do I need to wipe cache partition or dalvik cache before doing this? Just trying to eliminate anything that might be causing issues.

Won't hurt

do busybox df -h before and after push so we can hopefully see whats going on.

208Byerly

Nov 28, 2012
I wiped both and tried again, doing busybox df -h before and after and nothing changed. They still show 100%.