Oct 30, 2012
Looking for a little help for the 7048, still new to android
Instrutions for rooting
Adding google play

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Unless the exploit we use on the earlier tablets was patched, you should be able to root using the same tool I provide in the Development Index sticky that always is at the top of the forum. However, while we have Clockworkmod recoveries for all the earlier Generation 3 tablets except the 703x models, those recoveries may not be usable for your model. The best thing to do is after you root your tablet using my root utility, make a system dump of the firmware using the system dump function in the utility, zip the results up into one zip file, and host it on a site like MediaFire. From there we should be able to figure out whether the existing Clockworkmod recovery images will work on the newer tablets.

If CWM is usable, then you have an easy means of getting Google apps on the tablet. Otherwise, you'll have to either push the individual files to the tablet using ADB, or use a file manager with root capability and move the files to their proper places in the /system directory.

JustinS55

Oct 30, 2012
Thanks Traveller. i think i tried the utility (cobyadb) and it did not seem to take. I'll give it another go and if i still have trouble will report back the issues.

JustinS55

Oct 30, 2012
loaded cobyadb on card, booted tablet into recovery mode, selected update from /sdcard, ran cobyadb
finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
E:signature verificiation failed
install aborted

like i said i'm new to this so if i did something wrong please point me in the right direction

pmb1903

Nov 16, 2012
can someone please tell me the correct method of using coby adb to root the 7048.my driver says device is running properly i must be doing something wrong. do i have to put the coby adb on sd like what he is talking about?or if not how do i run adb from windows vista because the window keeps opening then closing really fast and i dont really know what to do at this point. i got the drivers installed, coby adb in directory and extracted and selected the file named adb and thats what happens.if i am indeed doing something wrong can somebody please tell me what it is and what i need to do to fix it so adb is running properly.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
loaded cobyadb on card, booted tablet into recovery mode, selected update from /sdcard, ran cobyadb
finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
E:signature verificiation failed
install aborted

like i said i'm new to this so if i did something wrong please point me in the right direction
And I'm blind. I missed this message from Justin. :(

@pmb1903: CobyADB is run from the computer, not the tablet. As to your issues, did you turn off UAC on Vista and did you turn on USB Debugging on the tablet?

Last edited:

pmb1903

Nov 16, 2012
ok so ran abd again and this time it said rooting process was sucessfull but how can i confirm this? and how would i go about installing gapps? sideload a pirated version of root explorer and try to push them into the system/apps folder. i have already tried to install the googleservicesframework.apk from root of internal memory with stock file explorer and it didnt work.But thanks to the advice from traveller and vampire hopefully i have jut gained root acess on my MID8048

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You're rooted, but you won't be able to do much without Superuser.

We don't talk about pirating apps here. It's one of the quick ways to get hit with a ban hammer. ES File Explorer has root access and will allow you to copy the files where they need to go. But, you need to have Superuser installed first. Vampirefo also has made available on one of the other threads a Google apps install script that can be used to install the Google apps using ADB. Search the forum for it, but not far. It should be on the first page.

powerpoint45

Sep 9, 2012
Traveller1701 said:
You're rooted, but you won't be able to do much without Superuser.

We don't talk about pirating apps here. It's one of the quick ways to get hit with a ban hammer. ES File Explorer has root access and will allow you to copy the files where they need to go. But, you need to have Superuser installed first. Vampirefo also has made available on one of the other threads a Google apps install script that can be used to install the Google apps using ADB. Search the forum for it, but not far. It should be on the first page.

Also a better alternative to pirating root explorer is root browser light. I use it all the time! It is the most developed and the most updated. So many features. I just love it.

Last edited:

pmb1903

Nov 16, 2012
i still have yet to find a superuser installation process using coby adb. only found busybox and gapps script can someonw tell me waht thread its in and is the process the same for all cobys when using coby adb for windows or just for the 7048

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
i still have yet to find a superuser installation process using coby adb. only found busybox and gapps script can someonw tell me waht thread its in and is the process the same for all cobys when using coby adb for windows or just for the 7048

Why do you need superuser app?

download su_app.zip

extract

adb push su /data/local/tmp/su

adb push Superuser.apk /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk

adb push busybox /data/local/tmp/busybox

adb push install-sup /data/local/tmp/install-sup

adb shell

su

chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/install-sup

/data/local/tmp/install-sup

Last edited:

pmb1903

Nov 16, 2012
ok so i cant open adb at all it just opens and closes really fast. i can open the root utility but thats it i cant do anything else.my UAC is off and the root utility detects my device. you know any reason it would be doing this

pmb1903

Nov 16, 2012
also i tried doing a system dump and it said a rooted device was required. but i went through the rooting process and it said sucessfull. do i need superuser or busybox installed to make the system dump? i really wish i could get this adb to stay up