Coby Kyros MID1060

uZveruga

Oct 17, 2013
Thank you! It works, even without changes.
"Mount USB storage" is not working, but I successfully did a backup of the whole tablet, so now I can do some experiments, without a fear to lose something.
Now I have the full firmware for MID1060, except this odex incident. :(

1) Looking inside "System.ubifs.tar.a" I can see the files of the "system/app" folder. The patches worked correctly, the odex files are in place and permissions were correct.
2) I deleted all content from the "system/app" folder, and replaced it with corresponding content from "stock_7065".
Not use, still hanging. So I returned everything back as it was.

I don't know what's so special in odex files from 1060 model, but it seems they only can help.

Don't know about the time limit. All my recovery attempts were no more than a minute.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
According to this info, MID1060 is Generation 4. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-tablets/38884-newbie-index-coby-sub-fora.html
Nevermind. I know how to use ADB, and it was working before this incedent. Now it can't see the tablet, so I have no choice than use recovery mode.
It has a commands to copy from sdcard (package_extract_dir), delete and set permissions on the files in the system, so it's just unconvenient but is not a problem.

I suggested the gen 3 driver because thats what worked on this 8065. Just posted the system dump if you want to compare the 7065 and 8065. Good work you are doing here.

uZveruga

Oct 17, 2013
The problem is solved!
I was contacted by the previous owner of the tablet - Yuri (aka r54). He made a backup of the files, before breaking it.

I used his files and the tablet is successfully booted.
The i did a reset to factory settings and cleared cache.
After that I booting from the "Coby_7065_fake_recovery", and did "Fix permission" and did a full copy of the stock firmware.

A little later I will post it to this forum and on the one of the Russian thematic forums, to once and for all solve this issue.

Last edited:

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Great news. Yes, please post your system dump. Can you explain how the Coby_fake_recovery works? How do you load it?

Thanks again for sharing your work.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
The problem is solved!
I was contacted by the previous owner of the tablet - Yuri (aka r54). He made a backup of the files, before breaking it.

I used his files and the tablet is successfully booted.
The i did a reset to factory settings and cleared cache.
After that I booting from the "Coby_7065_fake_recovery", and did "Fix permission" and did a full copy of the stock firmware.

A little later I will post it to this forum and on the one of the Russian thematic forums, to once and for all solve this issue.

Upload your boot.img and recovery.img also.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Tablet

Oct 30, 2013
Hi, Iv'e Bought an 1060, and After Root and Install Gaps, i notice that the sound is missing after suspension.
Another issue i've is about the network wireless Signal.
I'm about 1 meter from the Router and i've only a very weak signal.
Cloud you Help PLz

uZveruga

Oct 17, 2013
Last edited:
Oct 30, 2013

Right Now I cant do it, But i will. I've done some Factory Recover and It works, but the Gaps remains in the System, I would Expect to see GetJar Again but gaps was there. Now, I dont Know if the Lose of Sound was caused by the Crystal Root. Its Kind Of Weird. It only loss sound After Suspension.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012

Thanks, but one more thing- we have a devleopment thread here:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...firmware-dumps-coby-generation-4-devices.html

These are in this form:

adb shell
su
mkdir /sdcard/dump
cat /dev/mtd4 > /sdcard/dump/boot.img
cat /dev/mtd3 > /sdcard/dump/recovery.img
busybox tar -cvf /sdcard/dump/1060_system.tar /system

This way all the files are accessable to all users. Thanks.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
In recovery wipe data and cache.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Tablet