coby kyros mid7015 2.1

tlucas1973

Nov 26, 2011
hello,im new to the android market and would like to upgrade my miserably slow and buggy system to something smoother.Im currently on 2.1 and have researched on a few android based sites on how to go about this,needless to say i got very intimidated as im not to good with updating systems!IS there like a beginner set of step by step instructions to do this? I didnt give much for mid 7015 but still dont want to brick it!All help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Asgard

Sep 22, 2011
You need to create an account with the kyros tablet zone forums to download these files.
KYROS TABLET ZONE - KTZ

Download and install the drivers for FWDN and ADB USB from this link:
STEP#1 - DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL - ANDROID USB DRIVERS | WIN | ADB | VTC

Download the rar file from this thread and follow the folder steps:

After you install the drivers connect your tablet to your PC and select USB connected from the notification bar and turn on USB storage. If you loaded your drivers correctly your computer should be able to read your SD Card and your nand drive. Turn off USB storage and shut down your tablet. Unplug it from the usb cable and get into FWDN mode by pressing the Power + Home buttons until the blue message saying you are in FWDN mode appears. Connect the usb cable to your tablet again.

Unrar the folder you downloaded. You should see 12 folders named Steps 1 - 12.

Open the step 1 folder and start FWDN.

Open the step 2 folder and load the three files into FWDN. Look near the bottom of the FWDN gui and you should see a drop down list with Default download selected. Click on the list and select Low format whole memory before download. Click Start.

If things go correctly you should have succesfully updated to 2.3.1. If you are getting a NAND data disk size is not matched error, I would suggest replacing the Nand data.fai file with the Nand data.fai file located in the Step 3 folder and then click on Start again. That should hopefully resolve that issue.

If you didnt get any errors, go ahead and replace the Nand data.fai file with the one in the Step 3 folder and click start. Its supposed to be an update to the .fai file from step 2.

After that you just go through each step folder and select the .cmd scripts.