Craig CMP738B Root with working Android Market and Clean ROM IMG file

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
Well, two of these were purchased for me and my father-in-law. First strange thing that i noticed was that AC charging adapters were completely different. It almost sounds like they were buying wholesale lots of leftovers and throwing them together.

What types do you have? can you post some pictures?

jrfich

Dec 31, 2011
How do I get it to start installing the img file on the tablet after I mount the sd card? sorry I am a noob

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
How do I get it to start installing the img file on the tablet after I mount the sd card? sorry I am a noob

First you have to make sure you download the right IMG file for your tablet since they have 2 different hardware types. Once you get the right file i just copy and pasted it on my clean SD card then with the tablet off i mounted the sd card into the tablet then powered it on. If it doesnt keep up the update then just unmount and remount the sd card when the power is on. The it should keep it up. It will ask you if you what to update and just click yes and it will do everything for you.

If you dont get the right one you will have wifi errors or even brick your tablet. INSTALL AT OUR OWN RISK...

jrfich

Dec 31, 2011
YOU GUYS ROCK!!! Tablet with wifi error now restored to original state using thread posted by Salty. thanks.

meepinator

Jan 1, 2012
As far as I can tell, the rooted ROM for the Realtek version of the tablets works fine. I have superuser, market, and all the things you'd expect to have after rooting. I can't guarantee that this will work on all Realtek tablets, but I've seen nothing against it and everything for it.

The ROM was was modified to have root came off of my tablet originally, so I expected that it would work, but others have tried my non-rooted ROM and it fixed the wifi error, so I'd suggest everyone give the rooted Realtek ROM a shot.

beastech

Dec 31, 2011
I'm attempting to root mine now. I'll update with how it works out ASAP.

EDIT: Root working great! Wifi is just fine.

Last edited:

jda78

Dec 29, 2011
Are there now 2 root RPM's available for the different hardware versions, now?

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

meepinator

Jan 1, 2012
I'm attempting to root mine now. I'll update with how it works out ASAP.

EDIT: Root working great! Wifi is just fine.

This is good news indeed! So hopefully the problem with ALL of the error tablets has been found, I guess that only time will tell.

Are there now 2 root RPM's available for the different hardware versions, now?

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

As far as I know, there are 2 roots for the RALINK wireless 738b tablets, Flush's and Shad's. For the Realtek, there is just the one that vdubbus created.

jda78

Dec 29, 2011
Ok, the one from vdubbus is the factory rom to restore to original (oem) and resolve the wifi error, right? still waiting on a realtek root rom, i'm guessing? If not, where do i find this root? I'll guinea pig it, again. lol

jda78

Dec 29, 2011
Warning is noted. Thanks to you again, m3red. I'll post when root file is tried and if it's successful or not.

KendraPlanet

Dec 17, 2011
Holy smokes. IT WORKED.

My WiFi is BACK!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

The only thing "odd" so far is it's a little sluggish and ignoring the "back" arrow. I'll reboot a few times and re-calibrate the touch screen. If it stays sluggish, that I can at least deal with.

UPDATE: Rebooted several times. Recalibrated the touch screen. It's much faster and I'm downloading apps. :cool:

Last edited: