Craig CMP738B Root with working Android Market and Clean ROM IMG file

Echoes

Dec 16, 2011
Rooting your tablet is not likely to fix your wifi signal problems. These units do get fairly poor reception, mine even drops the connection to my router from time to time, but did so before the root as well.

regena

Dec 28, 2011
Just wanted to let you know that if you have a craig738b with 2.2.1 that z4root will root the tablet.I tried it and it works. This way you can install an uninstaller or tittanium backup and remove that little darn security guy that wouldn't let anyone install the market in the first place.
I don't know who made the roms on original post but the reason wifi is not working is more then likely the wifi module is mismatched with the kernel.

I hope this helps

regena

Dec 28, 2011
Rooting your tablet is not likely to fix your wifi signal problems. These units do get fairly poor reception, mine even drops the connection to my router from time to time, but did so before the root as well.
Completely agree with you.
I love the android os but this tablet not so much. however after root I did notice the smoother touch screen before I had to use the stylus but finger works great now

Mudder

Dec 25, 2011
Just wanted to let you know that if you have a craig738b with 2.2.1 that z4root will root the tablet.I tried it and it works. This way you can install an uninstaller or tittanium backup and remove that little darn security guy that wouldn't let anyone install the market in the first place.
I don't know who made the roms on original post but the reason wifi is not working is more then likely the wifi module is mismatched with the kernel.

I hope this helps

Please forgive me because I'm a noob at android but if the wifi module is mismatched to the kernel wouldn't everyone who flashes the rom lose WIFI?

nawafpower

Nov 30, 2011
I wonder how same root file with same steps will result successful wifi for someone and wifi error with 99.9% of users, if there is a step we missed, we'd like to know. Now turning wifi off is not an option because the only available option for us is wifi error. and for the LisaRN who had a weak wifi and thinking to root, please don't, weak is better than dead. or at least wait until this issue is solved. Thanks.

nawafpower

Nov 30, 2011
Just how? We did follow all the steps, tried both SD card and the Utility found on the youtube, my only guess now is that the files for rooting is missing something, if someone have a clean root or flush files and gave him/her successful root please post these files, might be the issue.

vdubbus77

Nov 29, 2011

I hope this helps

I agree that a miss matched kernel would definitely cause a wifi error, but that is on a system where one can flash a different kernel. Like something that supports Clockworkmod recovery. Even if the 2 rooted roms had mismatched kernels the original rom has the kernel it came with.

What version of Z4root did you use?

regena

Dec 28, 2011
I used z4root_1.3.0
If anyone needs this one I would be more then happy to email it to you.

regena

Dec 28, 2011
Has anyone who's wifi didn't work notice anything in about device?
my craig says its a cmp738b on the back but when I check about device, it says it is a cmp738a.This might make a difference.

vdubbus77

Nov 29, 2011
They all say that, or the other rom say rk2818 that can say whatever you want.

Sent from my Droid using Android Tablet Forum

bigbillsfan

Dec 29, 2011
Regena -

Thanks for the info. i too have the 738b with stock ROM installed and I used z4root_1.3.0. However, it did not appear that my tablet was rooted after I ran z4root and selected Temp root. How would I know if the rooting took successfully? How did you determine that it did?

I used z4root_1.3.0
If anyone needs this one I would be more then happy to email it to you.

regena

Dec 28, 2011
Regena -

Thanks for the info. i too have the 738b with stock ROM installed and I used z4root_1.3.0. However, it did not appear that my tablet was rooted after I ran z4root and selected Temp root. How would I know if the rooting took successfully? How did you determine that it did?
FirstI triedtemp and nothing then I did perm root and had superuser on it. Thats how I knew. You can always do perm root and if you have to take the tablet back or trade it in cause of warranty, it has an option to unroot.

Last edited:

nawafpower

Nov 30, 2011
FirstI triedtemp and nothing then I did perm root and had superuser on it. Thats how I knew. You can always do perm root and if you have to take the tablet back or trade it in cause of warranty, it has an option to unroot.

Hi, Have anyone tried the z4root on a wifi error tablet? did it work? and what is the superuser thing, I'm not yet familiar with android? any break in the wifi problem?

Mudder

Dec 25, 2011
Don't know if this will help or not but I'll throw it out for others to try.

A buddy of mine has a CMP738B that he rooted and lost WIFI, I was trying to help him out today and we found that it would not connect with wpa however we did have success switching to wep. It's less secure but it's allows him to connect. Can someone else try it and see if it works for them?