Craig CMP738B Root with working Android Market and Clean ROM IMG file

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
I reflash mine with wifi on and Usb host off but i used my sd card to reinstall. But thats a good find about wep. TY. Repost it in the wifi problems for rooted users also. :)

Sent from my Craig CMP738B Rooted with working Android Market and Android Tablet Forum

KendraPlanet

Dec 17, 2011
I did not encounter the wifi issue at all myself, but before flashing I turned my wifi off, and also USB host mode was off. Was wifi turned on or off before you flashed your device?

I think most people who did not get the WiFi ERROR turned off wireless before rooting. A few turned WiFi off first, then rooted, and got the ERROR message anyway.

mudder said:
Don't know if this will help or not but I'll throw it out for others to try.

A buddy of mine has a CMP738B that he rooted and lost WIFI, I was trying to help him out today and we found that it would not connect with wpa however we did have success switching to wep. It's less secure but it's allows him to connect. Can someone else try it and see if it works for them?

Before I rooted, I was connected using WPA. Sounds like he didn't completely lose WiFi like so many of us have. Lucky guy!​

jda78

Dec 29, 2011
I did not encounter the wifi issue at all myself, but before flashing I turned my wifi off, and also USB host mode was off. Was wifi turned on or off before you flashed your device?
huang3.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

WIFI was off, USB host mode was off, in my attempt. I just get the "error" under WIFI. I try to enable and it thinks about it with "error" showing up again. I did not use the MicroSD installation and instead used the RKTools installation method. That root (flushs) works beside the WIFI error. Amazing upgrade in response on the screen but with the same "BRICK" result. Depressing, yes. I know the "Minds" are looking into it and I hope that it's repairable.

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
I think most people who did not get the WiFi ERROR turned off wireless before rooting. A few turned WiFi off first, then rooted, and got the ERROR message anyway.

Before I rooted, I was connected using WPA. Sounds like he didn't completely lose WiFi like so many of us have. Lucky guy!​

Have you tried connecting to wep or changing your router setting. I know mine came up when it when i couldnt connect to my router or the hotels router since i travel alot. But it was the settings of router and not the tablet.

Sent from my Craig CMP738B Rooted with working Android Market and Android Tablet Forum

KendraPlanet

Dec 17, 2011
Have you tried connecting to wep or changing your router setting. I know mine came up when it when i couldnt connect to my router or the hotels router since i travel alot. But it was the settings of router and not the tablet.

HUH? LOL I was replying to someone else who suggested changing the security type as a fix.

I'm one of the ones who has the ever-present ERROR message on WiFi -- as in, the tablet doesn't even know it has WiFi, let alone sees a signal. :(

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
Theres a few of us that are working on finding the source of the problem. BTW the cmp738A had the same problems when rooted as the Cmp738B. The cmp738A was much worse. We have not found any hardware config errors in the files yet. But we are still trying to find and help solve the problem. Iv tried to crash mine but it wont crash. But im trying. Unless people want us to give up not try to help find the source.

There is no bad idea when your trying to fix a problem.

jda78

Dec 29, 2011
I just noticed when starting it up that the security guard app has labeled something as dangerous. I cannot remove this app with everything I've tried. I fear that this app is blocking all communications. This may be a shot in the dark on the problem, though.

jda78

Dec 29, 2011
Additional restarts do not render the same results. Only after initial (or sequential) flash does this message appear.

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
I would check mine right now but im copying all my files to my SD card. So it only 2 folders it hasn't copied over is DEV and system,

UPDATE - JDA78 - Once im done ill check mine out and see if mine says it to. Did you loss your wifi to when you rooted?

Downloading Android 2.3.3 and 3.0 SDK.. WooHoo. I hope this file of 3.0 works this time. 5 file of 3.0 were bad dumps. :(

Last edited: