Honeycream to Alpha 2

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Hey Matt, about the long boot time, I remembered reading a post that someone mentioned the problem with titanium backup. Actually, in my case, after a long display of android logo, the screen just went dark. Pressing the power button again, the android logo came back and screen went dark again. Seemed like it would never boot up normally again.

Try the VTL Launcher. Perhaps you would like it too. But I would need to do some test to make sure that it is not the reason for the booting issue.

Nothing to loose, I booted into recovery, and did a data wipe/factory reset, then reboot. It boots up ok this time, but a little longer than the first time.
So, I am not sure whether the titanium backup, or the vtl launcher, or what else was causing the boot up problem. I'd do some tests to find out.

This rom raised quite some excitements. But there would be quite many users either running into problems or getting upset during the learning period.

Dave,

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
The notification bar at the bottom right is still there as I can see. I ran screengraber service and it is shown in the notification bar. Also in the notification bar now exists two icons that show the installed external sdcard. A couple of apps are gone after flashing to 3.0, i.e. angry birds, aldiko book reader. . but most other apps are still there including the vtl launcher.
Everybody does a data wipe/factory reset before or after flashing ? and still have that gallery fc at start-up ?
I just flash over without wipe/reset . . . and it booted up fine.

Dave,

Edit: After successfully booted up the first time, the tablet refused to boot. Guessed that I have to do data wipe ! Shoot.

Last edited:

StephenC

Jan 17, 2011
I did not do a data wipe this go around. All my apps are working with no issues. So I will see how it plays.....

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
The notification bar at the bottom right is still there as I can see. I ran screengraber service and it is shown in the notification bar. Also in the notification bar now exists two icons that show the installed external sdcard. A couple of apps are gone after flashing to 3.0, i.e. angry birds, aldiko book reader. . but most other apps are still there including the vtl launcher.
Everybody does a data wipe/factory reset before or after flashing ? and still have that gallery fc at start-up ?
I just flash over without wipe/reset . . . and it booted up fine.

Dave,

Edit: After successfully booted up the first time, the tablet refused to boot. Guessed that I have to do data wipe ! Shoot.
Not sure why, but it looks like the hop to 3.0 is a bit...shaky. Lots and lots of hand-wringing at slatedroid...missing notification bar, reboots, bad wifi, app FCs. In my case, things smoothed out after a few wipes and reinstalls (plus reboots). It's stable now, and wifi is like it was with 2.3.

I wonder why this particular alpha is creating trouble...

-Matt

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I did not do a data wipe this go around. All my apps are working with no issues. So I will see how it plays.....
That was probably smart....I did wipe and Titanium took almost an hour to reinstall my 49 apps!!!!!! :(

-Matt

fridge011

Mar 19, 2011
Finally flashed this Rom and it looks really good. It doesn't look like a phone anymore which is cool. I haven't really messed with it too much since i was playing around with my home theater at the same time. I nvflashed to 4349 (even though I read u don't have to) twice and after a few reboots and a data wipe I was able to install 3.0. Then after a bootloop and a data wipe it got to the setup screen then would jump to the boot animation then back to the setup screen then after it went back to animation then back to the date time screen I rebooted again and it worked. I have notification and wifi but dolphin hd wouldn't work. I'll try it again tomorrow. Im liking it so far