(How To) CM7 Bootable SD

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Awolfers,relax, don't panic, it's impossible to break a Nook Colo and don't forget: worse scenario, you can always buy a card with Cm7 already installed on it! :-D

Samsung Galaxy Note

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Awolfers,relax, don't panic, it's impossible to break a Nook Colo and don't forget: worse scenario, you can always buy a card with Cm7 already installed on it! :-D

Samsung Galaxy Note

I don't think the Nook is his problem. The problem is he can't get the PC to run win32diskimager. You are using a PC right and not a Mac? What OS are your using XP, Vista, 7? Obviously you need to figure out why your burning program isn't working correctly to create a bootable SD card. Do you have access to another PC you can make the card on?

FriedSpam

Jun 28, 2012
I don't think the Nook is his problem. The problem is he can't get the PC to run win32diskimager. You are using a PC right and not a Mac? What OS are your using XP, Vista, 7? Obviously you need to figure out why your burning program isn't working correctly to create a bootable SD card. Do you have access to another PC you can make the card on?

I may know the answer to this one, or at least the answer to my issue properly running win32diskmanager.

You have to run win32diskmanager as administrator. In my case, it seemed to work, but just wouldn't actually do anything, until I ran it as administrator. Your mileage may vary.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I may know the answer to this one, or at least the answer to my issue properly running win32diskmanager.

You have to run win32diskmanager as administrator. In my case, it seemed to work, but just wouldn't actually do anything, until I ran it as administrator. Your mileage may vary.

Yes running as administrator is the way to go. If that still doesn't work another option is to try the program winimage.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2012
Thanks, this worked very well. I created a Star Trek LCARS themed Nook Color PADD. You can see it here

Last edited by a moderator:

iamanoob

Jul 18, 2012
i am a noob and i am very new to this and i have a question,

after i burn the unzipped generic-sdcard image to sd card it says i hve to format the card before i can paste the other files because the volume does not contain a recongnized file system and asks to make sure that all required file system drivers are loded and that the volume is not corrupted and i dont know what to do

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
i am a noob and i am very new to this and i have a question,

after i burn the unzipped generic-sdcard image to sd card it says i hve to format the card before i can paste the other files because the volume does not contain a recongnized file system and asks to make sure that all required file system drivers are loded and that the volume is not corrupted and i dont know what to do

That is the correct. Do not format the card or you will lose the image you just burned to it. Instead right click on the zip files and click copy. Then right click on the SD card in "my computer" without actually going into it and select paste. That should do it.

JP

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
i have also tried that and it still keeps asking to format but thank you for trying

Make sure that when you use win32 to write the image you are running it as Administrator (right click the .exe file and select run as admin). Don't eject the card and reinsert after burning the image, just copy the files over.

If you still have the issue, simply power on your nook into the stock OS and then insert the card you just created. Now connect the Nook to the PC via usb. YOu should see the card appear as a small drive under my computer (about 250MB if you expanded the partition). Now you should be able to move the files to the card.

Once they are on the card, safely eject the Nook from the PC. Since the zip files are already on there at this point and the card is in the Nook all you need to do is power down and power up to complete the process.

JP

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Running as admin shouldn't cause you to not find the file to burn. Not sure why that is happening. You might want to make sure the location the file is saved is the same location as the win32 program and that you have access to the folder (not a private folder under another user).