Huawei S7 discussion archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I will be closing older threads in order to try and keep things easier to follow. If you feel a thread should not have been closed, please let me know and I will look at reopening it.

Cheers,
Peter

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
There's hope for us getting 2.2. Here's a link to a story about the S7 release in India sporting 2.2.

Huawei Smakit S7 3G Android 2.2 Tablet PC Launched India Price Review

Thks for the link;

<<Also, it has two USB 2.0 ports, and two microSDHC slots which can be used to increase the phone&#8217;s memory. 3.2 MP Camera captures decent quality of pictures. HDMI out feature allows you to connect and playback videos and display on Television and Laptops.>>

could it be a different model; the article is dated oct 2010?!?

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
No you do not have to have root on your tablet. But with this firmware you can have full root acces

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
It would appear that the unit refered to is the same as ours. The USB ports (plus HDMI out and audio jacks) are all catered for by way of the docking station.
The big question is why in hells name didn't BB have them and a car charger at launch?

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

dvdrms

Nov 27, 2010
were can i get the driver DBAdapter for my computer(vista)? ,right now what im getting is ideos diag driver.

dvdrms

Nov 27, 2010
another thing when i use the tool , in the first line i put updata.app and in the second i put the s70 click next then a window pop up i hit scan&download but nothing happen. any suggestion?

KitN

Dec 1, 2010
The Archos 101 (and 70) just got their update to Froyo 2.2 as promised... But Huawei has been silent on updating to 2.2...

I have seen rumors posted from users but nothing OFFICIAL that confirms the S7 will get 2.2. Can anyone provide a link to anything official stating we will get 2.2 on the S7 (and when)?

I've been scouring the net and can't find any mention of it and this worries me because I'm buying it specifically with Froyo 2.2 in mind.

I need Flash and the ability to watch my streaming videos -- one of the main uses of this tablet for me so it has to have 2.2 update coming or I'll have to pass...

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
^i asked the same thing and was directed to the facebook page of huawei norge;

although i do not speak the language i do have faith in the OP that posted the info; so am keeping my fingers crossed..:)

rjgtr

Nov 28, 2010
It is the same tablet when you look at the actual pictures. And I think one of the DC Cards they refer to is the internal one.

The question now is, when will the new android version be available. It seems like they have it running now, so why make us wait until next year?

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
It does not sound like the Archos 101 Froyo 2.2 upgrade is going all that well, so don't be too jealous.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
It also appears to be available in India. I have an associate here that has been using an S7 and will be in Mumbai on Wednesday and will be checking.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

Status
Not open for further replies.