Huawei S7 discussion archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
There is only one version on their home site. S7. There is suppose to be CS version for $399 which is black in the back cover. I heard Best Buy doesn't carry that one. Only the RS touch screen which is white in the back. CPU is 768MHz (800MHz) unless stated otherwise. To save on battery life. Is why these companies don't run their tablets at full CPU cycles.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Rooting goes back to Unix/Linux admin concepts, but it is basically a process that gives you "SuperUser" access to your device. Before manufacturers ship their devices they make modifications to the OS and applications in order to lock certain things down into a specific configuration, and to prevent people from doing other things that they maybe shouldn't.

Rooting gives you Supervisor or "SU" access to your device. This allows you full access to the all of the software and OS on your device, but it is NOT the same as "unlocking" your phone. If you have Root, you are then able to flash new versions of the ROM, make other UI changes and tweaks, and generally have a much greater level of control over your phone.

Keep in mind that for almost every single carrier out there, rooting kind of voids your warranty. After you root, make a full backup (using something like Nandroid) so that you can "unroot" and reflash back to stock if you have to return your device for any reason.

Hope this helps!

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
Rooting goes back to Unix/Linux admin concepts, but it is basically a process that gives you "SuperUser" access to your device. Before manufacturers ship their devices they make modifications to the OS and applications in order to lock certain things down into a specific configuration, and to prevent people from doing other things that they maybe shouldn't.

Rooting gives you Supervisor or "SU" access to your device. This allows you full access to the all of the software and OS on your device, but it is NOT the same as "unlocking" your phone. If you have Root, you are then able to flash new versions of the ROM, make other UI changes and tweaks, and generally have a much greater level of control over your phone.

Keep in mind that for almost every single carrier out there, rooting kind of voids your warranty. After you root, make a full backup (using something like Nandroid) so that you can "unroot" and reflash back to stock if you have to return your device for any reason.

Hope this helps!

yes, your explanation did help; so basically this is the same as when i flash or rather used to flash my Touch Pro 2 phones; ok, i see;
this will also mean that we may have access to custom roms once this unit gets more fan loyalty...GREAT NEWS!

thx!

grenness

Nov 1, 2010
There is only one version on their home site. S7.
Yes, but we have confirmed two variants - S7-101 with a single camera and S7-104 with dual cameras (there might be other differences as well).
Has anyone actually seen other variants of the S7 - like the rumored one with wifi only, or the version with capacitive screen you probably refer to as CS - am I right?

Christopher

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
digging around I have also found an EU Conformity Registration document for the S7-100, and then the S7-101. So, it appears that Huawei had a precursor version of the tablet before the 101 series

fachex

Nov 10, 2010
You can switch between main camera (back) and secondary camera (front) when you pressed the menu button while the built-in camera app or camcorder is running

Yes, that works, but it does not work in any other application. I assume that the purpose of having a front facing camera is make video conference, at least that, but other apps only recognize the rear camera. I even tried Vignette that claims to be able to use both camera but it does not even see it. I think this is my excuse to return this nice tablet to BestBuy.

fachex

Nov 10, 2010
I ran it and got 941 over all with advance task killer pro cleaning things up.

Sieve Score= 684
Loop score = 953
Logic score = 888
string access = 1600
float = 873
method = 858

Are these good or bad numbers????

nrage23

Nov 8, 2010
Are these good or bad numbers????

Quote from tipstir on the Sylvania 7" 1Ghz tablet: "I've loaded plenty of apps, games so far. Test software to see how it stands up like Cafiene Mark shows after my tweaks (Memory Booster Lite, Battery Booster Lite and Advanced Task Killer Pro) I got over 800 for a score. "

It seems very quick. Based on what I have seen for other devices it is pretty good.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I have the update files from Huawei for performing system updates.....in case anyone wants to play. Not a ROM flash, but some of the tools. Just need a place I can post it and I can't get to megaupload.com from my office.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Use FileFront it's free and doesn't restrict the end user when it comes to downloading. You have unlimited uploads.

Status
Not open for further replies.