iCan provides "official" upgrade to their Flytouch II clone

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
I know it sucks, but hopefully you will persevere. ;/
I do get a big chuckle at how you tend to describe what is going on. I believe, you sir, are a funny man.
DO NOT PART IT OUT. I am working with rgocal to build a recovery to make things like this waaaaay less likely to happen.
IF you can get a working 3925, 3656, etc. up an running, I can provide the files needed to possibly get the pig to read where "up" is (where is that arrow) .
Basically, we would need to replace files via root explorer for the tablet to identify the proper gravity on the switch to locate up/down. I got your PM and responded. So let me know.

Yeah... funny.
If my jokes dont get them my looks will. :p
PMed back so will wait.

Dont so much mind having to redo it (over and over and over and over and over and... over), but not understanding the WHY of what seems futility is barbequeing my butt... (so to speak) :eek:

'Ancient Chinese Secret'... beginning to sound more like it every day!
:D

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Yeah... funny.
If my jokes dont get them my looks will. :p
PMed back so will wait.

Dont so much mind having to redo it (over and over and over and over and over and... over), but not understanding the WHY of what seems futility is barbequeing my butt... (so to speak) :eek:

'Ancient Chinese Secret'... beginning to sound more like it every day!

"Load of Chinese Bullsh--!" Is more like it... At least sometimes.

Can you clear out the tablet through recovery? Or, at least what we call "recovery". I think that may very well be at least part of the problem. I will press rgocal for the recovery files (he is a busy man) but I cannot make promises on that. I read that you stated the problems started after you flashed the U0 (uboot) files, right? Or did the nonsense start with the addition of the iCan ROM? I think the ROM may be part of the issue. By what you are describing, it seems like the U0 is missing some part of the boot code. Are you using the same file to flash the U0 every time? If so, I'd say a fresh copy is in order.

Sent from a SuperPAD via Tapatalk

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
"Load of Chinese Bullsh--!" Is more like it... At least sometimes.

Can you clear out the tablet through recovery? Or, at least what we call "recovery". I think that may very well be at least part of the problem. I will press rgocal for the recovery files (he is a busy man) but I cannot make promises on that. I read that you stated the problems started after you flashed the U0 (uboot) files, right? Or did the nonsense start with the addition of the iCan ROM? I think the ROM may be part of the issue. By what you are describing, it seems like the U0 is missing some part of the boot code. Are you using the same file to flash the U0 every time? If so, I'd say a fresh copy is in order.

Nope... recovery was lost with 'one of the loads' that had the zsys in it... claims its demeged (sic) or something like that.
The problem came when I mistakenly attempted a FULL reload INSTEAD OF just reflashing U0/uboot.
Would have THOUGHT thru ALL the reload attempts that they had been 'fixed'... the screen/DDR test has been running every time.
The copies have been 'freshened' 3 times that I can remember... today I got the 'android.rar' again to retry.
Have the IUW 1.2 instead of 1.0... will try revert to 1.0

Geez, it feels like Im a phonograph needle... dragging myself thru the grooves over and over and getting the same tune every time!

Last edited:

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Nope... recovery was lost with 'one of the loads' that had the zsys in it... claims its demeged (sic) or something like that.
The problem came when I mistakenly attempted a FULL reload INSTEAD OF just reflashing U0/uboot.
Would have THOUGHT thru ALL the reload attempts that they had been 'fixed'... the screen/DDR test has been running every time.
The copies have been 'freshened' 3 times that I can remember... today I got the 'android.rar' again to retry.
Have the IUW 1.2 instead of 1.0... will try revert to 1.0

Geez, it feels like Im a phonograph needle... dragging myself thru the grooves over and over and getting the same tune every time!

Cfrockit did mention to me that there may be something wrong with the way the IWU burns the files. Maybe its missing something on the reload. Downgrading your IUW may help do the trick.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Worth a try, or fifty.
:p

EDIT:
Some good news... and bad.

1) The display is NOT broken.
2) The TOUCHscreen (layered upon the grey shell that holds the display) IS broken.
(It is a plastic panel attached to a THIN glass plate... which cracked... now, ALL OVER! :p)

Altho it would not load/run properly BEFORE the panel cracked, I doubt it will attempt to start up now either. Have spent 3 hours trying.

Oh gee, this is fun!

Last edited:

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
check ebay. They sell just the touch. screen

Sent from my LG OP V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info,but I cannot justify spending MORE $$ on something that sits here and says "D'oh!"
IF I could get it to AT LEAST get to the calibration screen THEN putting another touchscreen on it MIGHT be worthwhile.
Oh, BTW... if you plug a USB keyboard into it while it is stuck in the 'plain' android screen blinking the cursor,
<CTRL><ALT><DEL> will (probably) cause it to reboot.
Which means
the linux sub-system is alive and kicking,
the android load is not 'locking it up',
its fun to see it do SOMETHING, if only rebooting!
just fyi... :rolleyes:

Hmmmm.....

How hard would it be to get this (these) u-boot(s) to load a Linux OS?
Or to pass bootargs to the kernel? (I presume this is being done even in Android...)

Just may have to give it a try... :p

EDIT: (1400 PST) went ahead and ordered the panel... not gonna put it on unless things change tho...
WTH... who needs to eat, anyway? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
changing out my system on the tablet do to a totally f--ked up chain of events that caused Launcher Pro to totally s--t the bed. It looks like it flashed ok using the USB A to A method. Its doing some weird stuff, but seems ok. I know from what Ive seen that these tablets ten to freak out when burning. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this works. I let you guys know how it goes.

*edit* on the 2nd burn and now stuck in Android logo. May have to go for three. lol

Leeb, this Buds for you :beer:

by the way, those of you with a USB keyboard can "soft boot" with the good ol' ctrl, alt, delete command... just FYI.

-Mike

Last edited:

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
changing out my system on the tablet do to a totally f--ked up chain of events that caused Launcher Pro to totally s--t the bed. It looks like it flashed ok using the USB A to A method. Its doing some weird stuff, but seems ok. I know from what Ive seen that these tablets ten to freak out when burning. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this works. I let you guys know how it goes.

*edit* on the 2nd burn and now stuck in Android logo. May have to go for three. lol

Leeb, this Buds for you :beer:

by the way, those of you with a USB keyboard can "soft boot" with the good ol' ctrl, alt, delete command... just FYI.

-Mike

Saw about this in the other thread... sorry to hear of your trials... well, kinda. :p
on the 'plain' ANDROID logo? Gee, Ive never been THERE before!
Let me know what you do that fixes it... it may help my 'issue'... Maybe.

The video issue MAY have been due to it being recorded in the HD (320p) format... ??? Just a guess tho...

Heard about that 'soft boot' method. Cool. :cool:

Last nite I tried the straggulus 'two-part' install, just to see. Once I tried it and, during the 2nd part, it just kept blinking when it couldnt read the SD2...
This time, it does the usual 'double-blink' to start out, and.....
just sits there.
Can even keep the card OUT of the SD2 and it still doesnt blink or anything but sit there.
Beginning to believe there MAY BE an actual hardware problem with this thing. SEVERELY regret spending the $$ on that new touchscreen now... :eek:
Shoulda brought it to work today and 'play with it' some... but they dont like that much...
Doubt anything will get this beast operating again... Still, havent 'completely fried it'... yet.

Last edited:

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Saw about this in the other thread... sorry to hear of your trials... well, kinda. :p
on the 'plain' ANDROID logo? Gee, Ive never been THERE before!
Let me know what you do that fixes it... it may help my 'issue'... Maybe.

The video issue MAY have been due to it being recorded in the HD (320p) format... ??? Just a guess tho...

Heard about that 'soft boot' method. Cool. :cool:

Last nite I tried the straggulus 'two-part' install, just to see. Once I tried it and, during the 2nd part, it just kept blinking when it couldnt read the SD2...
This time, it does the usual 'double-blink' to start out, and.....
just sits there.
Can even keep the card OUT of the SD2 and it still doesnt blink or anything but sit there.
Beginning to believe there MAY BE an actual hardware problem with this thing. SEVERELY regret spending the $$ on that new touchscreen now... :eek:
Shoulda brought it to work today and 'play with it' some... but they dont like that much...
Doubt anything will get this beast operating again... Still, havent 'completely fried it'... yet.

5th or 6th in with variations and even an IUS that I built from parts (lol). Still stops at ANDROID (flashing) boot screen. Noticed that the logo will flash by a few times, stop, and then flicker, flash again, repeat. Not quite sure what the hell is going on, but aggravation is at full steam. I even tried this IUS that I built and nothing. Same s--t every time. Now, if someone were to download that IUS I made and brick their tablet, I will NOT be held responsible... use at your own risk.

One of the flashes gave me an error (3925) burn file system failed. Not sure what that was about, but tried the iCan again... nothing.

Going to see if I can truly brick it with the SD method soon. I will let you know.

*edit* No luck with SD. Keeps telling me the files are "demaged" lol. Did another pass with the iCan IUS. Seems to maybe have taken... (fingers crossed).... Nevermind... Same s--t! Android logo pass, pass, pass, flicker pass, pass, etc. This really chaps my a$$! I guess I will have to figure out something else. This damn tablet is a piece of s--t. If I could get the Recovery working, this would not be a problem! Back to the drawing board. By the way Leeb, This is the 10th pass according to the tick marks on the paper in front of me. :( no bueno.

Last edited:

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
5th or 6th in with variations and even an IUS that I built from parts (lol). Still stops at ANDROID (flashing) boot screen. Noticed that the logo will flash by a few times, stop, and then flicker, flash again, repeat. Not quite sure what the hell is going on, but aggravation is at full steam. I even tried this IUS that I built and nothing. Same s--t every time. Now, if someone were to download that IUS I made and brick their tablet, I will NOT be held responsible... use at your own risk.

One of the flashes gave me an error (3925) burn file system failed. Not sure what that was about, but tried the iCan again... nothing.

Going to see if I can truly brick it with the SD method soon. I will let you know.

*edit* No luck with SD. Keeps telling me the files are "demaged" lol. Did another pass with the iCan IUS. Seems to maybe have taken... (fingers crossed).... Nevermind... Same s--t! Android logo pass, pass, pass, flicker pass, pass, etc. This really chaps my a$$! I guess I will have to figure out something else. This damn tablet is a piece of s--t. If I could get the Recovery working, this would not be a problem! Back to the drawing board. By the way Leeb, This is the 10th pass according to the tick marks on the paper in front of me. :( no bueno.

Well, I am TRULY sorry that the 'situation' has hit you too...

THERE MUST BE SOMETHING that is causing this. Sure, part of mine MIGHT be from needing the touchscreen, but the hardware that DOES the WORK STILL EXISTS. It is only missing input... and the issue began LONG BEFORE the touch was demaged.

I dont agree with it being the tablet (tho I doubt you actually do either)... it seemed to work just fine with the 2.1 it originally had... and I wish I could get back. :rolleyes:
I wish I were fluent enough in the Linux/Android design architecture to decode/recode this conflagration... but right now Im still attempting to get my head around the daym little ARM-based netbooks and their quirks/variations/problems...
Heck, right now Id be happy to be able to snoop into the process as I can (serially) with those netbooks to see what is going on!

I cant tell you how many times Ive attempted reinstalling... all the blood is obscuring the blade marks on my forearm. :eek:

No, not really... but Id be happy to bleed upon it if it would help! :p

Partly serious. :D

Last edited:

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Well, I am TRULY sorry that the 'situation' has hit you too...

THERE MUST BE SOMETHING that is causing this. Sure, part of mine MIGHT be from needing the touchscreen, but the hardware that DOES the WORK STILL EXISTS. It is only missing input... and the issue began LONG BEFORE the touch was demaged.

I dont agree with it being the tablet (tho I doubt you actually do either)... it seemed to work just fine with the 2.1 it originally had... and I wish I could get back. :rolleyes:
I wish I were fluent enough in the Linux/Android design architecture to decode/recode this conflagration... but right now Im still attempting to get my head around the daym little ARM-based netbooks and their quirks/variations/problems...
Heck, right now Id be happy to be able to snoop into the process as I can (serially) with those netbooks to see what is going on!

I cant tell you how many times Ive attempted reinstalling... all the blood is obscuring the blade marks on my forearm. :eek:

No, not really... but Id be happy to bleed upon it if it would help! :p

Partly serious. :D

I am honestly convinced it us in the boot structure. (for me) Something is getting overlooked or lost in the shuffle. I'm half tempted to just flash the nook color ROM just to see if it would fire up. I know the ROMs are very similar. Just a curiousity standpoint now. What's the WORST that could happen? Buzzing brick? Whatever. I can work my way out of that. LOL. I will fart with it more on Monday. For now its family time and a shower (with hot water). LOL.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
I am honestly convinced it us in the boot structure. (for me) Something is getting overlooked or lost in the shuffle. I'm half tempted to just flash the nook color ROM just to see if it would fire up. I know the ROMs are very similar. Just a curiousity standpoint now. What's the WORST that could happen? Buzzing brick? Whatever. I can work my way out of that. LOL. I will fart with it more on Monday. For now its family time and a shower (with hot water). LOL.

At least hot water doesnt require a reflashing...

wait, wut?

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
I'm gonna try to flash the 2.1 ROM and then try the iCan ROM again.