ICS on 7022

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
OK, so far we've installed the Update zip from OP (followed the steps, got the expected messages...) and hit 'reboot'. Now it just gets stuck on the Android logo, not fully booting. Seems like the same issue that a couple of others have had.

Is Update 2 still different from the OP zip? Is that what we should be flashing next?

Sent from my LG-P920 using Android Tablet Forum
I am also facing the same exact Issue as Badger_Lady. Thanks for at least attempting to make the upgrade process easy with steps to installing Google Play store.

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
It's been 5 days and the update has been running smooth with exception of the serial number dialog. It now starts appearing every 10sec, before it just appeared every 1min. I was going through the files but could not find a way to remove or at least disable this menace. Btw has there been any updates? I downloaded the one from the first post for 7022.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Eddie1551

May 26, 2012
This is great that these tablets are getting ICS. I'm going to buy the MID7022 from eBay used in a few days for $65 dollars, can't wait to start playing around with it! First thing I'm going to do is make a backup and then flash it to ICS. I can't wait to get it, should be less then two weeks.

Regards,
Eddie.

Last edited:

piratesscareme

Aug 15, 2011
I apologize that I haven't been on here. I have been crazy busy lately. I have also looked for a file that would indicate where the serial number message is coming from but can not find it. It does not appear on my tablet no matter what I do. So the file might not even be there.

Those that have ICS running can you try to restore from my backup and see if that gets rid of the serial number popup? Here it is http://min.us/mbbBfJtpay

Also if you tried to install from the update zips I made and are not able to boot you can do the following:

Download:
https://www.rapidshare.com/#!download|225|139142288|coby_mid7022-ota-0001.zip|84173
jcase_rootme.zip
Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

Place them on your sdcard.

Go into recovery and factory reset, plus wipe cache, system, boot, and delvik cache.

Flash the three files you downloaded in the order I listed them. Do not reboot in between flashing them.

Let me know how things turn out.

piratesscareme

Aug 15, 2011
For anyone getting the serial number popup. Can you please make a logcat during the time that you get the popup and there should be something in it that tells us what is going on.

piratesscareme

Aug 15, 2011
Do you have clockwork or ktz recovery installed? If so, see if you can get into that and flash a previous backup or do a factory reset. I had to install the ICS rom three times before it would install correctly.

You can reinstall your recovery...The instructions are in the third post in this thread.

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
There's a new update for it. Version 13 of the rom

Tried installing it but get error:

Installing update...
Assert failed: getprop ("ro.product.device") == "em73" || getprop ("ro.build.product") == "em73"
E:Error in /sdcard/coby_mid7022-ota-0013.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Last edited:

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
I solved my own issue. Btw I was thinking of maybe creating a custom rom, CM9 maybe for our tablet what do you guys think?

j3cool

Jul 12, 2011
I solved my own issue. Btw I was thinking of maybe creating a custom rom, CM9 maybe for our tablet what do you guys think?

please tell me how you solved the problem, I have the same issue and have been trying hard to figure it out to no success

Driveracing

May 28, 2012
I have installed ICS on my Kryos mid7022, but have come up with two problems. I can not boot into recovery. I get a dead android symbol. I also have a problem in selecting items. I will have to press 5 - 10 times before the item is selected. The screen sensitivity is fine when I move in any direction. It is only when I try to select anything is where I am having a problem. It appears to be at its worse while using the internet browser. I got the update directly from the German site.