ICS on 7022

reaper420

Nov 7, 2011
So which file would be the one to flash that has working hdmi out?

Sent from my 7022 using Tapatalk 2

reaper420

Nov 7, 2011
Doesn't seem to want to install on my tablet, I'm on my second flash and its been about twenty minutes on the Android screen, I guess I'll have to restore

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Guedan

Jun 2, 2012
Hi all!!! I've managed to flash the update 013 in my 7022 and its working like a charm (thnks this forum is realy good ;), the only thing that's still annoying me its the serial number request. It keeps showing up every 10 or less minutes. Any thoughts in how to fix this ?

Just to give some feedback, every time the tablet requested a serial number I keept inserting a higher number until it stoped. so it appears to have accepted and didn"t showed up for a day.

ah, the last numbers were ...0579

Last edited:

BlueSteel

Jun 3, 2012
I apologize that I haven't been on here. I have been crazy busy lately. I have also looked for a file that would indicate where the serial number message is coming from but can not find it. It does not appear on my tablet no matter what I do. So the file might not even be there.

Those that have ICS running can you try to restore from my backup and see if that gets rid of the serial number popup? Here it is 2012-05-13.02.03.18 - Minus

I used your CM backup and restored it and it worked but it gave me the serial number popup as soon as I turned on wifi. But thank you - the instructions in the original post only results in hanging at the android flashing boot screen.

piratesscareme

Aug 15, 2011
For some reason different methods of updating work for different tablets. My backup was reported to not work. But I'm glad it worked for you. Same for the official update file. It works for some but not others. The latest that I have posted is the one from coby. I just changed the install script so it wouldn't verify the tablet is an em73. With that in the script it wouldn't even flash. It didn't work for you and another person but it does work for others. Very weird.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

reaper420

Nov 7, 2011
For some reason different methods of updating work for different tablets. My backup was reported to not work. But I'm glad it worked for you. Same for the official update file. It works for some but not others. The latest that I have posted is the one from coby. I just changed the install script so it wouldn't verify the tablet is an em73. With that in the script it wouldn't even flash. It didn't work for you and another person but it does work for others. Very weird.

Is your backup file that you have posted the one with hdmi working? I was gonna try using it and seeing if it works for me

piratesscareme

Aug 15, 2011
No, the backup file is from when I first put ics on my tablet. If you try it and it works for you I can make another of the 0013 Rom with the working hdmi.

reaper420

Nov 7, 2011
No, the backup file is from when I first put ics on my tablet. If you try it and it works for you I can make another of the 0013 Rom with the working hdmi.

will it mess up my recovery or anything?

Last edited:

not12listen

Jun 30, 2011
going through all of the steps now. will report back the results. if it does work, i will lightly edit/report the original text, as some of the directions seemed a bit ambiguous.

not12listen

Jun 30, 2011
1. before each, i would perform the 'wipe' with the "wipe_file.zip" that i downloaded.

2. i have tried installing 2 different images. the file names are:
Coby_Kyros_7022_ICS_403_13_AD.zip
mid7022_ICS_Update.zip

3. i did install the 'jcase_rootme.zip' afterwards.

4. i did install the 'gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip' lastly, then restarted.

nada.

so, i would then go to mounts and format system, boot, cache, and data. then go to advanced and wipe delvik cache. then try the above steps again.

nada.

so... as far as i can see, either i am doing something wrong OR this is not functional. i would be HAPPY if i am wrong (yes, read that previous bit again) and someone that has it working would be willing to post the EXACT steps, line by line, command by command, of what they are doing that is different or a video of the process.

Guedan

Jun 2, 2012
1. before each, i would perform the 'wipe' with the "wipe_file.zip" that i downloaded.

2. i have tried installing 2 different images. the file names are:
Coby_Kyros_7022_ICS_403_13_AD.zip
mid7022_ICS_Update.zip

3. i did install the 'jcase_rootme.zip' afterwards.

4. i did install the 'gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip' lastly, then restarted.

nada.

so, i would then go to mounts and format system, boot, cache, and data. then go to advanced and wipe delvik cache. then try the above steps again.

nada.

so... as far as i can see, either i am doing something wrong OR this is not functional. i would be HAPPY if i am wrong (yes, read that previous bit again) and someone that has it working would be willing to post the EXACT steps, line by line, command by command, of what they are doing that is different or a video of the process.

Let's go then

First of all I've reverted my 7022 to the stock rom. Not needed but I did it. An remember: DO NOT LET YOU DEVICE BOOT UP BETWEEN THE STEPS;
I'm using CWMR version 4.0.1.5

1. Formated cache and data, and wiped delvick cache

2. Flashed the wipe file by Leslieanne;

3. Flashed Coby_Kyros_7022_ICS_403_13_AD.zip;

4. Flashed jcase rootme zip;

5. Flashed the gapps;

6. Reboot now ! It did not boot up, so I pressed the reset button in the back of the tablet and then it worked. I'm running ICS since last saturday 02/06.