ICS on 7022

not12listen

Jun 30, 2011
downloading now. will try this later this evening, if time allows, and i'll report back my results.

quick question though. is the android market place available to us finally? :)

not12listen

Jun 30, 2011
Coby_Kyros_7022_ICS_403_13_AD.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Alexis Diaz

Link is up for update 13
Not sure what it fixes but i was able to make it install via recovery.
Just follow the same instructions as in the first post.

thanks for the link. dumb question possibly, does this update constitute the entire ICS installation? as in, do i need anything else?

i already have CWM installed, but have not rooted my 7022.

thanks!

Eddie1551

May 26, 2012
thanks for the link. dumb question possibly, does this update constitute the entire ICS installation? as in, do i need anything else?

i already have CWM installed, but have not rooted my 7022.

thanks!

Hi there,

From what I have read it's just one simple flash now, so there should be nothing else needed!

Regards,
Eddie.

Filipicamo

May 13, 2012
Eddie1551
I'll Try,thanks, but the quality is low too, i think That's something with the flash this version of the Flash that im using it's too heavy i think.

Last edited:

Eddie1551

May 26, 2012
Eddie1551I'll Try,thanks, but the quality is low too, i think That's something with the flash this version of the Flash that im using it's too heavy i think.

You're welcome. I noticed from the COBY Germany website they said they are working on it, they increased it from 2-3 FPS to 14 with the latest patch but they want to get it up to 25+, you can try downgrading the flash or wait for the patch. :)

You can read it here : Consumer Entertainment Products for Home, Office or On the Go! | COBY

Regards,
Eddie.

not12listen

Jun 30, 2011
trying the update right now. got the 'random offset' message. just waiting patiently...

(note: i am NOT a patient person)

----

so yeah. how long is this supposed to take? the 'random offset 0x3f9' is the last thing i've seen. and it has been sitting there for at least 4 minutes.

i've not touched any buttons. so yeah. just a bit perplexed.

Last edited:

not12listen

Jun 30, 2011
well, it did take a bit of time (about 10-15 minutes)... but, it did come back to the CWM menu. i went through steps 12. could not go through that, as i did not download it prior. drat.

now the system boots and stays at the Coby screen.

a little help would be appreciated. :)

not12listen

Jun 30, 2011
well, unfortunately, the installation did not complete and i was left at the 'Coby' screen forever despite all efforts.

i've restored back to the factory image and it is working correctly.

desmopedro

May 20, 2012
I have heard the 7022 and the 7127 have the same hardware? Well...I figured I would try this for ****s and giggles on my 7127.....I rebooted into recovery mode and it seems I am stuck on the ""Android" screen. It's been about 10 min and it seems it is not continuing....the "reflection" moves across the "android" but thats it! I did a "Hard Reset" but it will now not boot past the "Android" screen....
Any ideas on how to boot into clockwork to restore back to my last backup?

Filipicamo

May 13, 2012
You're welcome. I noticed from the COBY Germany website they said they are working on it, they increased it from 2-3 FPS to 14 with the latest patch but they want to get it up to 25+, you can try downgrading the flash or wait for the patch. :)

You can read it here : Consumer Entertainment Products for Home, Office or On the Go! | COBY

Regards,
Eddie.

Yeah i've installed the last updated Rom and it's really better, if they will improve to 25fps+ so that is trully awesome.

piratesscareme

Aug 15, 2011
One thing that the latest update does fix is hdmi out. Ihave confirmed it is working.

Sent from my MID7022 using Tapatalk 2

not12listen

Jun 30, 2011
One thing that the latest update does fix is hdmi out. Ihave confirmed it is working.

Sent from my MID7022 using Tapatalk 2

HDMI out is one thing i was curious about - thank you for posting in the positive about that.

i admit, i've still be unable to get ICS working on my 7022. any chance you could take an educated guess at what i am doing incorrectly? if yes, i'll PM you.

also, i've looked all over my 7022 - there is no sticker with the serial number. i've also checked the box (still have it with everything) - it is not there either. what are my options at this point?

Last edited: