Ideos S7 / Telstra T-Touch Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Un4giVin

Nov 28, 2010
I have downloaded several apps from the market and it seems that the default location for storing stuff is in the "Internal Tablet Storage", of which there is a meager 175mb. How do I switch default memory storage to the "Internal SD Storage", of which there is an advertised ~8gb????

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
if you have 2.2 there is a setting to do it automatically if not you can try rooting your tablet and use titanium back up to force them over to sd or you can try partitioning your sdcard and have them installed there but that is alot of work. if none of those are possible on your tablet then your out of lock. just download the essential apps

WXMAN

Nov 29, 2010
Hey guys, picked this baby up at BB on Friday...what an awesome machine! Anyway, I'm a bit new to Android devices...so apologies if this is a novice question: is there an easy way to access the S7's internal memory NOT the internal SD card, but the memory where the S7 keeps its original data (like the ringtones that came on the device) so that it appears as a drive on the PC and can be manipulated? I've found some apps that let you see these files on the device itself, but not on a PC. Thanks!

TheVicster

Nov 14, 2010
Yeah laugh it up funny boy, LOL

does the S7 come up short in head to head hardware specs? Sure but in overall functionality and usefullness i say it kicKs the Tabs ass

And at HALF THE PRICE

at the two bb's by me this weekend the s7 was sold out

didnt look like anybody was buying the tab killer

hey, just saying :D

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Best resistive screen I have ever used, no way the Galaxy is worth the extra money

Quazarr

Nov 29, 2010
I also would have to agree. The very few things that Galaxy has over the S7, compared to those the S7 has over the Tab, does not make for a $300 difference. Best Android Pad for the advanced users for user!

Quazarr

Nov 29, 2010
I am having a hard time digging through all the thread here and finding the tidbits related to the issue I think a lot of us with S7's are running into, which is getting access to more of the internal (or external) SD memory for apps. So I thought I would start a thread dedicated to it. My apologies if this is done elsewhere already, but I couldn't find it.

I see a few mentions of apps2sd as a solution, but I haven't found a good step by step on how to get it to work. Anyone out there had a good step by step to help your fellow s7ers?

Thanks!
Q

Quazarr

Nov 29, 2010
In looking around for info on my new toy (and what a great toy it is), I stumbled across this FAQ about the S7 from the Huawei website. I thought I would post it here for my fellow S7ers to benefit from in case some of you haven't seen it. Hope it helps!

Site:
Ideos Tablet S7 - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..

Huawei S7 FAQ:

Quazarr

Nov 29, 2010
[FONT=&quot]1. How to copy contacts from SIM card?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]contact->menu key->Import from SIM card [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. How to send contacts via Bluetooth? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Contacts->Contacts->MENU key->Share->Bluetooth [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. How to sync contacts with Gmail account?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Settings->Accounts&sync setting [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. How to create multi-pages MMS? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When editing a MMS, in the message interface, press the menu key > Attach, then you can choose Pictures, Slideshow, Videos and others. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5. How to send or receive MMS?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. Choose Settings > Wireless&Networks > Mobile networks > Data Service to check if you have enabled the data service. 2. If you still cannot send or receive MMS, choose Settings > Wireless&Networks > Mobile networks > GSM/UMTS Options > Access Point Names to check the APN setting. [/FONT]

Quazarr

Nov 29, 2010
[FONT=&quot]6. How to stop the song playing in the background?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Touch the music playing on the notification Manager to go to the music playing screen. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7. How to go to settings during calling? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]During calling->short press Home/Return Key go back to idle desktop [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8. How to set the music in SD storage card as ringtone? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Music->Playlist->songs->long press the music which you want to set->use as phone ringtone. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9. How to change the Message ringtone[/FONT][FONT=&quot]? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Messaging->menu key->setting->select ringtone->select the music->OK.It doesn't support the music in SD card as a message ringtone. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10. How to change the Alarm ringtone? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alarm Clock->press the time you have set->Ringtone->select the music->OK.It doesn't support the music in SD card as a alarm ringtone [/FONT]

Quazarr

Nov 29, 2010
[FONT=&quot]11. How to change the Incoming ringtone? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Setting->Sound & display->Phone[/FONT][FONT=&quot] ringtone->select the music->OK [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12. How to change the input method? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Long press edit field ->Input Method ->Select Input Method [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]13. How to set silent mode more fast? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Press the volume control down key to minimum; you could get silent mode. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]14. Does it support alarm when S7 switch off? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]S7 doesn’t support it.Please ensure that S7 is switched on or on Stand-by for alarm to work. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]15. Does it support power off by timer?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]S7 doesn’t support it.You can set up the LCD turn off time.Setting->sound & display->Screen timeout->select the time. [/FONT]

Quazarr

Nov 29, 2010
[FONT=&quot]16. How to format Micro-SD storage card? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Insert micro-SD card ->Settings ->SD Card & Table storage ->Unmount SD card ->Format SD card. Notice:It will erase all of your Micro-SD data. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]17. How to check the APN settings? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Settings->Wireless & networks->Mobile networks->GSM/UMTS Options->Access Point Names; Access Point Names->menu key->add a new APN or Reset to default. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]18. How to enable GPS satelilites feature?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Settings ->Security & location->Enable GPS satellites. If enabled use assisted GPS, it will use the wireless network in which will locate your location faster. Disable GPS functionality when not in use to preserve battery life. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]19. How to access to Internet through WLAN?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Settings->Wireless & networks-> WLAN (Enable) .Then you can find the SSID which you want to access.Press the SSID and enter the password.Disable WLAN functionality when not in use to preserve battery life. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]20. How to “pair” with other Bluetooth devices? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Settings->Wireless & networks->Bluetooth(enable)->Bluetooth settings.The device will search for Bluetooth devices and display a list under Bluetooth devices.Touch the Bluetooth device that you want to connect to.If required, type the PIN and touch OK.You'd better to set your Bluetooth discoverable first, otherwise other devices can't find the S7. You can see the detailed information in User Guide 2.2 Bluetooth.Disable Bluetooth functionality when not in use to preserve battery life. [/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.