Ideos S7 / Telstra T-Touch Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quazarr

Nov 29, 2010
[FONT=&quot]21. How to disable your data service? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Settings->wireless control->Mobile networks->Data service (disable) .Disable date service when not in use to reduce date flux. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]22. How to increase your battery life?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Remember that it only takes 1 hour to fully charge your battery. The following are suggestions to increase your battery life and give more time to enjoy your S7 on the move. &#8226; Use only 2G network - >Setting[/FONT][FONT=&quot]&#65306;[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Settings->Wireless & networks->mobile network->Use only 2G network (enable) &#8226; Disable Data service -> Setting[/FONT][FONT=&quot]&#65306;[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Settings->Wireless & networks->mobile network->Data service (disable) &#8226; Adjust the brightness of Screen (<1/3) -> Setting[/FONT][FONT=&quot]&#65306;[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Settings->sound & display->Auto-Brightness(disabled) &#8226; Brightness -> Set your screen to automatically turn off (adjustable 30s-60s) &#8226; Disable Bluetooth &#8226; Disable WLAN &#8226; Disable GPS Satellites &#8226; Decrease the media volume &#8226; Turn off applications when they are on idle status [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]23. Can not use ADSL WI-FI directly[/FONT][FONT=&quot]&#65311;[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The S7 does not support &#8220;Dial&#8221; ADSL. Hence it can not use home gate WI-FI directly. It is suggested that you set your ADSL modem as PPPOE Mode (see your modem set-up guide) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]24. What is the default location for applications install?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All the applications would be installed in S7 memory. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]25. What is the default location for download applications,picture,music and so on from website?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All the applications would be download in Micro-SD card. [/FONT]

Quazarr

Nov 29, 2010
[FONT=&quot]26. How can I open documents on the S7?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Free resister &#8220;document to go&#8221; application. Once registered you will be able to open Word, Excel, Powerpoint & PDF documents. NOTE: Free registration allows you to only READ the above documents. By registering the full functionality of the application you will be able to the read & write your own documents. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]27. How to allow installation of Non-Market applications (APK)? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Settings->Applications->Unknown Sources (enable) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]28. How to un-install third-party applications? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Settings->Applications->Manage applications->short press it->Uninstall [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]29. How to setup pattern lock[/FONT][FONT=&quot]&#65311;[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pattern lock will allow you to secure your S7 from unathorised users by setting your own pattern on the screen. Settings ->security and locations->setup unlock pattern, then follow the guide to set/change your pattern [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]30. What should I do if I forget the unlock pattern? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you have a gmail account you just need enter the Gmail account to unlock your pattern. If you don't have a gmail you have to force upgrade software, this method will erase all of your data information. [/FONT]

Quazarr

Nov 29, 2010
[FONT=&quot]31. How to query the software version?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Setting->About table->Build number. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]32. How to upgrade the software?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]www.huaweidevice.com->Service Center->Software,enter "touch" in the search item,and press search button,download the target upgrade software. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]33. How to reset your S7 to factory mode?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Settings->SD card & S7 storage ->Factory data reset. Notice:It will erase all of your data information. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]34. Why my PC/laptop can not detect the S7?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1.You should install the driver which can be downloaded from (http://www.huaweidevice.com/tcpsdow...100816033143.zip&attachmentName=usbdriver.rar). 2.Or you can visit the website,www.huaweidevice.com->Products&Solutions->Home device->Tablet Products->Ideos Tablet S7->Download->huaweis7_usbdriver [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]35. My S7 can not detect the SD - storage card?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You should install the driver first, then ensure you press &#8220;mount&#8221; the SD card under USB-Connected. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]36. How long dose my S7 work if I play with battery?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The standby time is up to 80 hours and the talk time is up to 6 hours.We suggest to connect to power adapter when you play games or watch videos. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]37. Can I charge the S7 through USB interface?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]S7 doesn't support it.But you can charge it through power interface. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]38. What's the max Micro-SD card S7 support?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The max Micro-SD card S7 support is 16G. [/FONT]

stereotada

Nov 30, 2010
Hello fellow s7ers

I just bought my tablet today and its an incredible machine. One problem I have is with the browser though. I can't for the life of me find the mobile view selection so I can view every page on the original format.

It should be able to do this as I can on my android phone. I also did a search on the forums but couldnt find anything. Anyone have any luck turning it off?

Thanks!

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Hello fellow s7ers

I just bought my tablet today and its an incredible machine. One problem I have is with the browser though. I can't for the life of me find the mobile view selection so I can view every page on the original format.

It should be able to do this as I can on my android phone. I also did a search on the forums but couldnt find anything. Anyone have any luck turning it off?

Thanks!

Install Opera from the market and use instead of inbuilt browser.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I'm starting this thread to highlight VIPs (Very Important Points) for all new users.
Please add VIPs as they come to mind and stay on topic by adding those that we know make the difference.
If questions arise consider starting a new thread outside of this one with may be just a link to the thread for anyone who might be interested.
This should keep this thread easy to read and to follow.

Anyway the first from me is -

Keep your battery on charge as often as you can and for as long as possible.
You should see max usage from it after 7-10 days from new.

zenkibuta

Nov 12, 2010
Hello fellow s7ers

Thanks!

I suggest you install SkyFire. You can switch from mobile view (android), desktop view (full site view). Also you will be able to play some video that are encoded with FLASH...

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
there really isn't an easy way to do this in the S7 browser, although most sites to have an option somewhere on the page to view "full site."

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
These items are already being covered in one of the other threads (Useful Tips and Tweaks). If you have an item you want added, that would be the place to do so.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
This information should all be covered in the existing Tips and Tweaks thread. If there are questions about this, please feel free to ask. I LOVE the enthusiasm, just trying to make sure that we have all relevant information in an easy to find format without having to traverse multiple threads.

Thanks!

jeux

Nov 30, 2010
Indeed the S7 rules. I have no experience with the Galaxy Tab, but I can say that I'm in love with my S7 :)

Darkseider

Oct 19, 2010
The S7 aside from its' resistive screen is an awesome device. I however have fallen in love with my Viewsonic GTab running CM 6.1 Beta 3. In short, it FLIES. To top it off when Gingerbread comes out and the AOSP is dropped the Tegra 2 in this tablet will finally have an OS that can take full advantage of the dual core Cortex A9 making that much more of a performer. With only a $80 price difference between the two, a 10" capacitive screen AND a working CM 6.1 ROM I chose the Viewsonic GTab.

Status
Not open for further replies.